Groups

Ebay RMA question

Hi I purchased something on ebay and it was faulty. I messaged the seller and they sent me a replacement of a part to see if it resolved the problem. It didn't.

​However the seller then has sent me a message saying he has issued a rma number for a replacement AND:

Pls return to the address listed below. Package the item securely within an appropriately sized box and return to us.
    Make sure to include your RMA number and send to:

Please kindly choose an economical postage less than 8 pound.​

Pls pay attention:
    1.Pls give us the tracking number when you send it back to us.
    2.Pls give us a note which including the reason of returning the item
    If the returning reason is the quality problem of our products, please give us the details of the issue so that our repairing center can test it and figure out which part is wrong.
    3.Pls attach a tag on the item which is defective.
    Your cooperation will be highly appreciated.
    Once we received the item, we will send you the replacement asap.

The seller never replies on weekends and I was hoping to send this out today but I'm not sure who covers the return postage? By his wording I understand that I will be paying it, but will the seller refund the postage money?

Should I post it out today or wait till Monday after messaging the seller for more clarification? Thanks in advance for any help - I've never had to return anything on ebay before!

9 Comments

If you open a return on eBay (purchase history>Find the item>return item)

Then it should as you why, you choose 'faulty' and it will then ask the seller to authorise the return and give them the option to send a return label to you, created by eBay, and the seller pays a fixed fee of £2.99 for the label.

Then you just attach label and drop at a post office. Fully insured in case something happens to it, too.

Just FYI, if instead of faulty you were to choose 'changed mind' then the same thing applies but you pay the £2.99.

One possible option of paypal.com/uk/…rns but also consider appropriate insurance.

RMA number means seller has authorised your return and has a specific reference number, so they know who its from when it arrives back.

Seller has said "Please kindly choose an economical postage less than 8 pound."
    I would assume this to mean he is paying for the return and so please dont choose a more expensive service. If he wasnt paying for it then why would he care.
    Sounds reasonable to me

(for certain categorys ebay do not offer 2.99 postage option, as it obviously costs more to send heavier or larger items)

starsi360

If you open a return on eBay (purchase historyFind the itemreturn … If you open a return on eBay (purchase history>Find the item>return item)Then it should as you why, you choose 'faulty' and it will then ask the seller to authorise the return and give them the option to send a return label to you, created by eBay, and the seller pays a fixed fee of £2.99 for the label.Then you just attach label and drop at a post office. Fully insured in case something happens to it, too.Just FYI, if instead of faulty you were to choose 'changed mind' then the same thing applies but you pay the £2.99.

​i would do this also. best route.

I once bought a large format printer which need a new printhead (£250). so I opened a dispute to which they sent me a label, it was a large product that came in a pallet. I called eBay and said their second class post office label won't cut it, they said they had added a note to the return and would be in touch. 15 mins later I received a full refund, I called the guy I bought it from and he said he's still got his money so it was funded by eBay themselves.

starsi360

If you open a return on eBay (purchase historyFind the itemreturn … If you open a return on eBay (purchase history>Find the item>return item)Then it should as you why, you choose 'faulty' and it will then ask the seller to authorise the return and give them the option to send a return label to you, created by eBay, and the seller pays a fixed fee of £2.99 for the label.Then you just attach label and drop at a post office. Fully insured in case something happens to it, too.Just FYI, if instead of faulty you were to choose 'changed mind' then the same thing applies but you pay the £2.99.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/return-process.html

If you open a returns case as outlined above, the seller will be given the option to provide you one of their own labels to return it (prepaid) or to choose an eBay option. The label that eBay provides (if the seller doesn't) would be Royal Mail Tracked, Collect Plus or Parcelforce, this will depend on size/weight of the item. The seller will pay and it varies from £2.99 to £8 depending on the service used.

As a buyer, you can chose to return without the eBay returns process but you will have to prepay the return and hope the seller reimburses you for it.

The seller will not be penalised for you using the eBay returns process, unless they refuse the return.
    Edited by: "windym" 3rd Jun

Not too sure how the voting works on HUKD but I'm assuming a negative means someone disagreed with my comment?

Do people just downvote answers for fun?

starsi360

Not too sure how the voting works on HUKD but I'm assuming a negative … Not too sure how the voting works on HUKD but I'm assuming a negative means someone disagreed with my comment?Do people just downvote answers for fun?

Don't worry about the down votes. It's the advice that matters and yours was the same as mine (in essence) and was correct! At the time I posted this, everyone had "minus" votes!

Edited by: "windym" 3rd Jun

windym

Don't worry about the down votes. It's the advice that matters and yours … Don't worry about the down votes. It's the advice that matters and yours was the same as mine (in essence) and was correct! At the time I posted this, everyone had "minus" votes!

Ah okay thanks!

TBH I'm not really bothered, it won't keep me awake at night... just seems odd that people take the time to downvote someone else trying to help!

starsi360

Ah okay thanks!TBH I'm not really bothered, it won't keep me awake at … Ah okay thanks!TBH I'm not really bothered, it won't keep me awake at night... just seems odd that people take the time to downvote someone else trying to help!

I agree. I don't really understand it so I ignore it. I'd rather someone read what I had to say and either it helps or it doesn't.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Santander - Compensation1620
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261378
      3. word association Game74044573
      4. Giffgaff New goodybags22

See more discussions