Ebay Rules

Hi

Just wandered if anyone knows Ebays current rules regarding suspended accounts.

Basically I have brought a quite expensive jewellery making kit from a seller. I logged in to ask for tracking no. yesterday and it said seller is no longer registered on Ebay. I then opened a dispute with paypal (although I can't esculate till 26th) anyway, seller has emailed me today, asking me to end dispute as paypal are trying to take the money from her account. She is saying that she has been suspended for 3 days because someone negged her and she neg replied the positive(hope that makes sense).

I just want to know if Ebay do that now? or is she just trying to get me to end dispute.
Any adivce is greatly appreciated:)

25 Comments

If shes got suspsened it would be for more then one reason. And won't be for one negative alone. I would leave the dispute open.

Ad

i would tell her you will end the dispute as soon as you recieve it, if shes nothing to hide should be ok with this

i think if u end it you wont be able to re-open it if it doesnt come

Original Poster

Adam2050;4724907

If shes got suspsened it would be for more then one reason. And won't be … If shes got suspsened it would be for more then one reason. And won't be for one negative alone. I would leave the dispute open.Ad

If she was suspended would it say no longer registered? I was thinking she had closed the account herself?

kazmcj;4724931

If she was suspended would it say no longer registered? I was thinking … If she was suspended would it say no longer registered? I was thinking she had closed the account herself?

Your probably right.

I'd keep the dispute open, and escalate it as soon as you can.

What's it for?

Ad

kazmcj;4724931

If she was suspended would it say no longer registered? I was thinking … If she was suspended would it say no longer registered? I was thinking she had closed the account herself?

yes it does say that as I'm currently suspended (long story).

Original Poster

SABJ;4724912

i would tell her you will end the dispute as soon as you recieve it, if … i would tell her you will end the dispute as soon as you recieve it, if shes nothing to hide should be ok with this :)i think if u end it you wont be able to re-open it if it doesnt come

Yep, I have sent her a message saying I will close when I receive it. Just made me feel bad when she says her account is in - and paypal are trying to take payments and her bank will charge her

oh but I wouldn't close the dispute until you recieve the item.

kazmcj;4724969

Yep, I have sent her a message saying I will close when I receive it. … Yep, I have sent her a message saying I will close when I receive it. Just made me feel bad when she says her account is in - and paypal are trying to take payments and her bank will charge her

dont feel bad untill you get your stuff you have done nothing wrong i would do the same she should understand your concrens and paypal will only take the money off her if the item doesnt come so she wont be out of pocket when did she say she sent it ?

Original Poster

Adam2050;4724945

Your probably right.I'd keep the dispute open, and escalate it as soon as … Your probably right.I'd keep the dispute open, and escalate it as soon as you can.What's it for?Ad

It was for a jewellery making kit, I checked her feedback and it was good 250+ positive with only 1 neg which wasn't anything really.

As the others have said, keep your claim open and do not close it until you get your stuff, if you close it you will NOT be able to0 reopen it, no matter what.

Mike..

Original Poster

It was agreed she would send saturday (48 hr parcel post) which is why are asked her for the tracking no, however she said today that it wasn't sent on Sat because it cost £37 to post, which was more expensive than she originally thought and she hadn't got enough money on her. Her OH is supposed to be posting for her today. I don't know what to think

kazmcj;4725076

It was agreed she would send saturday (48 hr parcel post) which is why … It was agreed she would send saturday (48 hr parcel post) which is why are asked her for the tracking no, however she said today that it wasn't sent on Sat because it cost £37 to post, which was more expensive than she originally thought and she hadn't got enough money on her. Her OH is supposed to be posting for her today. I don't know what to think

Defo leave dispute open i wouldnt trust her she should of thought about this before selling it i would never sell somthing i couldnt afford to post and if you paid before sat she would of had your money on way to her bank :thumbsup: good luck

kazmcj;4725076

It was agreed she would send saturday (48 hr parcel post) which is why … It was agreed she would send saturday (48 hr parcel post) which is why are asked her for the tracking no, however she said today that it wasn't sent on Sat because it cost £37 to post, which was more expensive than she originally thought and she hadn't got enough money on her. Her OH is supposed to be posting for her today. I don't know what to think

Sounds huge.

The money you put in makes it an obvious choice to keep it open.

GL.

Ad

Original Poster

Thanks SABJ and everyone else:)

Your right, I won't close it until I receive the goods.

Original Poster

Just received this message from the open paypal dispute. Does anyone know if there is a problem with doing what she has asked? This is her message:

What ive had to do to stop paypal trying to take money out of my account again is borrow some from my partners business paypal account to cover this so can i please grant u a refund to close this case and then once the item has arrive for u to pay £105 into my partners account? Is this ok, can u please let me know asap

Is this cosha anyone? Thanks in advance

Let the seller refund you and then close the dispute,i wouldn't pay again,forget the transaction now!

make sure she does a refund and not a new transaction but dont close until the money is in your account and if you send to his account will she be able to open a dispute against you, paypal is a maze

Original Poster

Thanks for your replies:)

ilovepink, I have just sent her an email following your advice. Many thanks I was worried that If I accepted the refund and closed the dispute they could somehow reverse the payment.

Once you have the refund it cant be reversed.

Original Poster

Thats good to know thank you deb8z:)

I have just looked on ebay and the auction details are now back and she is registered again , so it looks like she is telling the truth. Feeling much happier now

Don't pay again though.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

deb8z;4739756

Don't pay again though.:thumbsup:

Why not? once my payments refunded, and I have received the goods then I will owe her the money

The seller is going to send you the goods BEFORE payment ?

Original Poster

Thats why I thought it sounded dodgy.

Obviously I paid first, went to ask for tracking no and she was no longer registered. I feared the worst and raised a not received claim. She contacted paypal/me explained she had been suspended. As it stands now I have still paid but paypal have her account on hold - she wants to refund me and then wants me to pay again after I have received them. She has now sent me tracking details which show it is now in their systems.

Well if the seller has already sent it then i can't see the problem,just make sure the item is as you expect it to be etc before paying.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614061
    2. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4/ 4X Q and A & Comments Page1254
    3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523396
    4. Any Xbox One news today?2356121

See more discussions