Groups

Ebay Sale advice *UPDATE*

Sorry for putting another one of these up, but I just wanted some advice on what to do next.

I won an item that ended on tuesday night. I was the only bidder, but there was no postage cost on there, although it mentions that it should be around £10 in the description.
    I won it - very cheaply by the way, and requested total invoce straight away. I received nothing, and have sent messages and other invoice requests over the past 2 days, and still nothing.

I had an email from Ebay telling me to pay for the item, but I can't pay as when I try to, it wants me to put the postage costs in manually.

I suspect the seller is annoyed as it sold very cheaply, but I can't go through the Ebay resolution centre to try and resolve something as I haven't paid for it - and i can't pay for it because I haven't got a total.

Any advice on what to do - just want it sorting out one way or the other.

34 Comments

Banned

Put the postage down as £10

or zero

Edited by: "MR1123" 19th Nov 2010

what was the item? I'd pay £5 postage if he cant be bothered to send the invoice.
    Edited by: "demolisher" 19th Nov 2010

Original Poster

its a newbe seller they might not know how to send an invoice. if he says £10 then add that to the total and pay then send him a message that you have paid

Original Poster

vinylandtrinkets

its a newbe seller they might not know how to send an invoice. if he says … its a newbe seller they might not know how to send an invoice. if he says £10 then add that to the total and pay then send him a message that you have paid

In the messages I've sent I've said that if he doesn't provide a price I will assume its free postage. If someone sent me a message like that I'd reply, but he hasn't replied. I don't need the invoice, just how much he is going to charge for postage, but its the lack of reply that is concerning me.

Pay the correct amount. If the seller doesn't send the item, then you can always get your money back from eBay/Paypal. Without you paying, there's no chance of the item arriving!

Original Poster

AgentSingh

Pay the correct amount. If the seller doesn't send the item, then you can … Pay the correct amount. If the seller doesn't send the item, then you can always get your money back from eBay/Paypal. If you don;t pay, there's no chance of the item arriving!

but I don't know what the correct amount is. he says it will be 'around £10 delivery' - I could pay that but I'm just a bit concerned paying as he isn't good at replying to messages

It's a big item, and heavy too - pay the tenner for the P&P - you're still happy with the price, it's what you expected. He's hanging on for you to back out... see what happens, you can always file an INR if he just ignores you entirely.

just put £10 and leave it at that, the seller has given you a price and that is what I would use. If the postage works out to be more well that is the seller's problem for not replying. IF you do pay via Paypal you'll be protected for up to 45 days and for the first 21 days the seller won't be able to take the money so again you are safe.

as he mentioned the price in the listing then that would be the most he is able to charge you now, if you dont get the item within 7 days file a claim with paypal

bassman_uk

but I don't know what the correct amount is. he says it will be 'around … but I don't know what the correct amount is. he says it will be 'around £10 delivery' - I could pay that but I'm just a bit concerned paying as he isn't good at replying to messages

If £10 is reasonable, and you are happy to pay that, then it's best to just pay what he/she has asked for. Not replying to messages is concerning - you could always get his/her telephone number and speak to them to find out if they are genuine

Original Poster

Thanks for all your help. think I will do the £10 postage thing and then wait 7 days.

It will cost more than a tenner to post a bet!

I would send him another message asking for his phone number..

3 days and no contact from winning is bad service from the seller, but he may just be away this week, (bad practice I know.) but just wait till Sunday evening and see if you get anything back

Rick

Is the item local to you ?? you could go pick up?

Rick

Original Poster

RickT

Is the item local to you ?? you could go pick up?Rick

not local unfortunately. TBH its a bit unfair saying its about £10 to post then saying its going to be more. Common sense says its more, but who am I to argue if someone misjudges a postal cost. If I do that then I would have to take the cost myself.

Funnily enough, if you check he is registered as a business account too. Are these treated differently by Ebay?

I would try and get the weight of item from somewhere, then check out couriers and see how much it will cost to post.

Then send the seller a message with the quote from courier and pay that price.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28

Well in the description he has put about a tenner. However this is non … Well in the description he has put about a tenner. However this is non specific. He has covered himself in that for postage details he has put freight and that you need to contact him for the exact quote.If he won't give you a price and he won't send not a lot you can do apart from file a nps report.

I was waiting for you to turn up Tinks

Can you tell me how to file an NPS?

Original Poster

tinkerbell28

It's all one and the same now in the resolution centre so when you go … It's all one and the same now in the resolution centre so when you go though the dispute process (I presume you have paid) it will go against their account as NPS report type thing.Ebay won't care unless you have paid and he's just not answering and if you have paid you can neg him, make it stick and get your refund if he dosen't come up with the goods. Doubt he'll bother but he could argue for a bit more postage.

Right - well I haven't paid yet, so thats why I can't do anything within the resolution centre then.
    Am I right putting the £10 for postage, as thats all I've got to go on really, or should I just pay what the auction was won for, minus any postage costs?

Original Poster

UPDATE

This is what i received this morning, after paying for the item last night:

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Sorry I haven't replied. I don't particularly want to sell this guitar for so cheap, because I bought it for £250. I haven't had chance to put a reserve on this item. I will refund your money. I'm awfully sorry.

- sagaciodicomfio

How convenient is that!

He's also submitted a cancelling purchase thing through the resolution centre. If I disagree, will it affect me getting my money back through Paypal?
    I know I'm not going to get the item, but its convenient that I have spent days messaging him, and its only once I pay that he sends this reply.
    I want to make this as difficult for him as I can, because he's done a stupid thing

Report to eBay and negative feedback. Do NOT agree a mutual cancellation.

Definitely disagree with the cancellation and raise a dispute for Item Not Received.
    You'll get refunded and then leave a neg.

Original Poster

So if i don't agree to the cancellation, and post his message that he sent to me as a reply when it asks for you to add information, what happens then?

Original Poster

Have declined it and been factual in my statement.
    How long should I leave it before opening an INR as I only paid last night. Give it till this time next week?

bassman_uk

Have declined it and been factual in my statement.How long should I leave … Have declined it and been factual in my statement.How long should I leave it before opening an INR as I only paid last night. Give it till this time next week?

Minimum 7 full days from end of auction isn't it?

Original Poster

Is there any difference going through Ebay or Paypal?

bassman_uk

Is there any difference going through Ebay or Paypal?

I'm sure ebay say that if you go through paypal and they can't get the funds back for a refund then you'll have to wait until they are able to get them back from the seller (or go without), whereas through ebay you're covered by ebay buyer protection-
    pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml

Shame they only have 1 feedback really as the negative means they will probably open a new account unlike sellers with lots of feedback!

Original Poster

I thought that this may happen tbh, but as long as I'm covered I'm ok.
    What I don't understand is why his account is a Business one as if it makes any difference

Original Poster

The sneaky git has issued a refund to me now, so I can't raise an INR

He must be reading this thread on here! lol

Banned

still give a neg though

Registered as a business seller...........he has broken so many of their rules in this 1 listing & transaction.

Take him to the cleaners.

Syzable (Destroying Business since 2010)

bassman_uk

The sneaky git has issued a refund to me now, so I can't raise an INRHe … The sneaky git has issued a refund to me now, so I can't raise an INRHe must be reading this thread on here! lol

Just leave neg feedback and be done with him.

Original Poster

NEG now left - nice and factual. He now has a 50% feedback rating lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow922
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876397
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251373
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2543

See more discussions