eBay sales - money on hold

Posted 18th Oct
Hi,

I set up a new eBay account about 3 months ago, every time I sell anything, the money is put on hold for up to 21 days.

Does anyone know how long it takes for this to stop happening? Is it feedback based or age of account?

Thanks
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

11 Comments
I think it's until you creach a certain amount of feedback but I can't remember how many it is.
It takes approx. 3 months of selling, around £800 in sales and 25 items sold to make sure your money doesn't go on hold. Phone them to find out more. Should be more info on their website
I thought the money was released when the buyer left good feedback? So you could try asking them to leave some, but that info could now be out of date.
Edited by: "Jace_Phoenix" 18th Oct
Jace_Phoenix18/10/2019 20:53

I thought the money was released when the buyer left good feedback? So you …I thought the money was released when the buyer left good feedback? So you could try asking them to leave some, but that info could now be out of date.

Yup that's true but sometimes buyers ignore messages. Funds can also be released 7 days after confirmed delivery if there is tracking
I’ve just set up an account and as soon as I reach £100 they released money straight away every time
38697251-YnzwW.jpg38697251-YcD8p.jpg
Peter_Brooks18/10/2019 21:41

[Image] [Image]

Thanks, it hasn't been 90 days since my first sale yet, 83 days, so I'll wait a week and see if it auto removes, as I meet the other criteria.

Thanks for answers everyone.
Alls you need to do is add the postage tracking , soon as it’s delivered on eBay money is released
Go on chat. I did twice.
ashmac18/10/2019 23:26

Alls you need to do is add the postage tracking , soon as it’s delivered o …Alls you need to do is add the postage tracking , soon as it’s delivered on eBay money is released

That doesn't work all the time though, I've sold stuff that has been sent - they have signed for it on the 11th, left positive feedback and the money is on hold until the 29th. Sometimes it does shorten the amount of time I have to wait, and other times the money is released after they sign for it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants