Ebay scam help

Found 25th Jul
I sold my PS4 Pro to a reputable Business Seller with a physical shop. An hour after it arrived he wanted to return it as he claimed it did not display out of the HDMI port.

I agreed and actioned the ebay return label. They sent a box back and it arrived today but the weight was lower than 1kg, felt like some card rattling about in and box to me (a pro is 3.3 kg then the controller and cables was just over 5kg when I sent it).

I spoke to the delivery guy and refused the item, asking if it was weighed on route and he said no as it was a post office drop. I got in touch with ebay and advised but they will not do anything until tomorrow for me (just said they were locked out until tomorrow).

I then contacted Parcelforce and they agreed they would weigh the item when it returned to the warehouse but this information would be on their internal messaging system, however ebay could contact them to get this information.

Feel a bit sick really, anyone with some advice?
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
You did the right thing rejecting the returnS

Similar happened to me when i sold a ps3 on ebay one that played the ps2/1 games.

I got it weighed at post office and asked them for a reciept so i can show the manager how much it will cost.

I used parcel2go inputted the correct weight and off parcel went.

buyer (like you a reputable business seller) claimed was not reading disks. I knew it was but accepted the return. The weight that came back on parcel was under what i had put. Refused delivery. Ebay sided with buyer at 1st. I appealed and won.

My belief is they put a ps3 slim in the box instead.
Please update keep us updated SavageDonkey because I had similar situation before and I lost the case. I never sold anything on eBay since that day.
Edited by: "Sophia1993" 25th Jul
Caroline_199318 m ago

You did the right thing rejecting the returnS Similar happened to me when …You did the right thing rejecting the returnS Similar happened to me when i sold a ps3 on ebay one that played the ps2/1 games. I got it weighed at post office and asked them for a reciept so i can show the manager how much it will cost. I used parcel2go inputted the correct weight and off parcel went. buyer (like you a reputable business seller) claimed was not reading disks. I knew it was but accepted the return. The weight that came back on parcel was under what i had put. Refused delivery. Ebay sided with buyer at 1st. I appealed and won. My belief is they put a ps3 slim in the box instead.

This box may have had a controller in but I don't think it was even that heavy. My brain said empty box and I was trying to explain to the delivery guy, he seemed to want me to just take it.

Your story is reassuring and worrying all at the same time thanks
Your intentions may have been good, but by refusing a return you have not only given ebay a reason to refund, but you are likely to allow the buyer to get the item back.

What was your plan?
windym1 h, 30 m ago

Your intentions may have been good, but by refusing a return you have not …Your intentions may have been good, but by refusing a return you have not only given ebay a reason to refund, but you are likely to allow the buyer to get the item back.What was your plan?

There was no item in the return box, I think the box will weigh less than 500g. I intend to prove that the weight shows it was impossible to be a returned PS4. (a slim is 1.8 and fat 2.8 pro 3.3)

If I accepted the return I would not have had any chance, I feel I have a small chance now.

1) Weight of the return, that I could not have opened and tampered with (his word against mine otherwise at least I have a chance of getting the box weighed).
2) Hopefully UPS weighed the item I sent... but if not the buyer did accept is was a PS4 Pro which has to be 3.3kg plus...

Ebay did tell me I was correct to refuse the return... we'll see if that was true or not when they call tomorrow.
Amateurs, when it arrives I weight it myself, I find random junk to make it the exact weight, I'll return the item

Just kidding, if you don't win the case than contact the police for online theft, this is illegal obviously
Edited by: "Norseg" 26th Jul
The key with eBay is to be persistent. Don't give up and they usually resolve the issue. Favouring the buyer is eBay policy so be prepared to fight.
Been bugging ebay all day today with nothing. The first person told me the claim has been escalated with a desicision in 24 hours... then everyone else has said nothing until I accept the parcel... so

Parcelforce has weighed the box at 350g but ebay seem not bothered, I've asked parcel force to provide these detailsin writing

Buyer replied to me saying the box was over 5kg....so....

>It was not an empty box at all and it had in it all of the items you sent to me, console, controllers and cables. It easily weighed >over 5kg so I've no idea what your talking about saying that it weighed nothing.

>Are you sure you are referring to the right parcel? Had the parcel been opened or damaged upon arrival?

>I'm very confused by what your saying and I don't know where we go from here.
Look like your in trouble here ,it happened to me ...if PayPal take your money and you end up with a box ..take the hit and leave PayPal and eBay

They wanted £115 off me , I never paid and the sent all sorts of letters then said pay Us £50 .i still didn't pay and then they. Went away ,this was years ago ...I've now opened new PayPal with same address and even same bank account t with no issues ..only think I can't sell in eBay no matter what but it can buy
Don't let the, and his m screw you over ....other option threaten them with the police
ashmac1 h, 18 m ago

Don't let the, and his m screw you over ....other option threaten them …Don't let the, and his m screw you over ....other option threaten them with the police

You what?
Are you sure you wasn’t expecting any other parcels?
chocci16 h, 53 m ago

You what?

Don't let them screw you over ..sorry wrote it quick without checking haha
SavageDonkey26th Jul

Been bugging ebay all day today with nothing. The first person told me …Been bugging ebay all day today with nothing. The first person told me the claim has been escalated with a desicision in 24 hours... then everyone else has said nothing until I accept the parcel... soParcelforce has weighed the box at 350g but ebay seem not bothered, I've asked parcel force to provide these detailsin writing Buyer replied to me saying the box was over 5kg....so....>It was not an empty box at all and it had in it all of the items you sent to me, console, controllers and cables. It easily weighed >over 5kg so I've no idea what your talking about saying that it weighed nothing.>Are you sure you are referring to the right parcel? Had the parcel been opened or damaged upon arrival? >I'm very confused by what your saying and I don't know where we go from here.

Is there any update?
I'm no further on yet.
So, quick update......

Buyer has 1) The Empty Box 2) The PS4 Pro 3) My Money.

Should not have refused delivery windym FTW... I've appealed
SavageDonkey3 h, 19 m ago

So, quick update......Buyer has 1) The Empty Box 2) The PS4 Pro 3) My …So, quick update......Buyer has 1) The Empty Box 2) The PS4 Pro 3) My Money.Should not have refused delivery windym FTW... I've appealed

No you should never refuse delivery as you cannot prove or disprove what was sent. Good luck with the appeal.

If that fails, as you have the details of the buyer (his full address will be on his listings if he is a business seller) then send him an LBA (google it) and take it from there.
windym20 h, 18 m ago

No you should never refuse delivery as you cannot prove or disprove what …No you should never refuse delivery as you cannot prove or disprove what was sent. Good luck with the appeal.If that fails, as you have the details of the buyer (his full address will be on his listings if he is a business seller) then send him an LBA (google it) and take it from there.

I won my appeal but...

"Generally empty box cases such as this are not covered by eBay and are something that sellers do need to work into their business plan but on this occasion, I have covered you in full for this return as a one time courtesy"

Happy ish, but I think I will curb my eBay habits.
SavageDonkey1 h, 10 m ago

I won my appeal but... "Generally empty box cases such as this are not …I won my appeal but... "Generally empty box cases such as this are not covered by eBay and are something that sellers do need to work into their business plan but on this occasion, I have covered you in full for this return as a one time courtesy"Happy ish, but I think I will curb my eBay habits.

Wow, they think sellers should factor in losses due to scammers due to their inability to prevent / prosecute them. Disgraceful really.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants