Ebay Scam - Sold a Season Pass

Found 5th Feb
I purchased The Division Gold Edition PS4 off Amazon New & Sealed.

I decided I didn't want the Season Pass so sold just the code on eBay. Yes this may seem like a rooky error and too trustworthy.

They have now messaged me saying the code doesn't work! I know this is b/s because I unwrapped the damn seal but how can I defeat this scam? I know too well how ebay works and don't really have a leg to stand on

I have also got his psn name
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments
Contact psn claiming the code doesn’t work. They will confirm when the code was used and which account.
10 Comments
I believe digital sales are not covered under ebay buyers protection?? Worth checking.
Contact psn claiming the code doesn’t work. They will confirm when the code was used and which account.
Ebay really sucks at times and so many of us are genuine but there is always those that spoil it for others.

You could tell him to try again and if it doesn’t work to let you know as you will call them with his username and see why it isn’t working as you see no reason why it shouldn’t work. There is the slightest chance he will suddenly say it worked.
Original Poster
Thanks for your help. Yes I couldn't live with myself knowing that I have conned somebody out of money

I have contacted Ubisoft, suppose I will try my luck with PSN aswell.

I'm no detective but maybe the private seller on Amazon used the code and resealed the game before selling to me probably overthinking this lol
Yuzo11 m ago

Thanks for your help. Yes I couldn't live with myself knowing that I have …Thanks for your help. Yes I couldn't live with myself knowing that I have conned somebody out of money I have contacted Ubisoft, suppose I will try my luck with PSN aswell. I'm no detective but maybe the private seller on Amazon used the code and resealed the game before selling to me probably overthinking this lol

I guess that’s possible but I think you’re right, and you are overthinking it lol.
Favourite trick this with season passes and digital codes on eBay I've sold plenty in the past and its hit and miss
To be realistic about your expectations - ultimately there's probably not much that you can do to stop a determined scammer in this situation, but by all means try the above.

Did you test the code before sending it?
Well you must have his address when he bought the item. Id pay him a friendly visit...
How much you sold it for?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants