ebay scamming the sellers ...as usually. £1 Final fee.

Posted 4th Apr
Just as a warning to all the people selling on ebay during £1 final fee.
It seems that even if you list your item during £1 final fee, if the item is sold after 30 days you're going to pay 10% final fee. There is nothing wrong with that if:
- there was a warning once you accepted the promotion;
- there was an option to list the item for a limited amount of time (e.g., 5, 10, 15 day, etc.)

It is obvious that if ebay people were honest they should have added the above mentioned message and the option, but they are trash people. The reason #101 if I have to choose between saving a stinky, dirty, ugly dog or a trash person, I'll choose to save the dog.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Scamming? It says very clearly that the item will be auto listed after 30 days if using BIN price. If sellers can't be bothered to set up a reminder, it doesn't make it a scam.
14 Comments
I think it’s because after 30 days the item is sometimes automatically relisted meaning that it is no longer under the £1 selling fee promotion but subject to full fees
Btw, unless you end your listing, your item gets relisted automatically and you get charged INSERTION FEES!
Edited by: "zworld" 4th Apr
You haven't understood the deal.
Scamming? It says very clearly that the item will be auto listed after 30 days if using BIN price. If sellers can't be bothered to set up a reminder, it doesn't make it a scam.
I didn’t realise (until I got a £46 ebay invoice!) that you don’t get to relist a car for free if it doesn’t sell. I mistakenly thought that if it didn’t sell, you wouldn’t pay until it did... oops!
bozo00704/04/2020 16:17

Scamming? It says very clearly that the item will be auto listed after 30 …Scamming? It says very clearly that the item will be auto listed after 30 days if using BIN price. If sellers can't be bothered to set up a reminder, it doesn't make it a scam.

I have to agree with the OP, this is a shady business practice purely designed to increase profits and serves no benefit to the seller.

How much effort would it be to add an option to allow opt in (or out) for this ad auto renew at full fees? Not much.
jazid04/04/2020 16:24

I have to agree with the OP, this is a shady business practice purely …I have to agree with the OP, this is a shady business practice purely designed to increase profits and serves no benefit to the seller.How much effort would it be to add an option to allow opt in (or out) for this ad auto renew at full fees? Not much.

You can turn auto relist off though, you’ve always been able to
As a generic and far more helpful observation about any promo terms from any trader on the assumption that the trader's promo terms are mentioned within the promo t&c,
just as a warning to all the people that don't read promo t&c: read the promo t&c.
There is a warning if you read the terms and conditions in the invitation!
sussexroyal04/04/2020 16:16

You haven't understood the deal.

I'm pretty sure you don't to be a genius to "understand" the deal as long you make it clearly when the deal expire and what conditions apply next.

bozo00704/04/2020 16:17

Scamming? It says very clearly that the item will be auto listed after 30 …Scamming? It says very clearly that the item will be auto listed after 30 days if using BIN price. If sellers can't be bothered to set up a reminder, it doesn't make it a scam.

That means my warning wasn't address to you or to any other person who agrees with you (there are things which exclude you completely).

JohnnyRoller04/04/2020 16:32

If you could bring some details and screen captures it will be really useful for me as well for other people who are not usually sellers.

AndyRoyd04/04/2020 17:03

As a generic and far more helpful observation about any promo terms from …As a generic and far more helpful observation about any promo terms from any trader on the assumption that the trader's promo terms are mentioned within the promo t&c, just as a warning to all the people that don't read promo t&c: read the promo t&c.

Promo, banking, insurance, etc. Where is Waldo ? somewhere in tiny font on 100+ pages of terms and conditions.
Just a message for all the "hyenas" generally happy when someone losses and hateful when someone else wins, it's not about the £24 I "lost". That's nothing compared to what other losses I had or what other gains I made (not on ebay). This is about principles and how these issues could be avoided if the game is not rigged, or the rules are not made to the detriment of the user.
TobyZ04/04/2020 18:04

Just a message for all the "hyenas" generally happy when someone losses …Just a message for all the "hyenas" generally happy when someone losses and hateful when someone else wins, it's not about the £24 I "lost". That's nothing compared to what other losses I had or what other gains I made (not on ebay). This is about principles and how these issues could be avoided if the game is not rigged, or the rules are not made to the detriment of the user.

Probably more about being more aware of what you agree to and / or accept.
I've got to agree with the majority on here - it's pretty clear. They will make money back from people who don't alter anything and let it run after that £1 fvf period has ended, in the same way as most subscription based promo's take your money after your initial trial has ended if you don't cancel.
JohnnyRoller04/04/2020 16:32

Ahh it wasn't apparent when I looked. I stand corrected then. Thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions