eBay screw up (My fault xd) What can I do?

Ok, long story short, I was selling two items on eBay and I accidentally posted each item to the alternative wrong address lol.

The person that received the more expensive item was kind enough to email me and explain the situation. So I have paid him for recorded postage in order to allow him to post to the correct address.

However, I haven't heard from the other buyer, who should have by now received the cheaper item... Neg reps are the least of my concerns right now. I have also sent a message and an email to this buyer explaining and apologising for the mix up and also vowed to pay for recorded.

As I have yet to hear from her, what else can I do? She also only has +1 point... Which is a tad worrying but I don't want to be discriminative due to that alone.
Its been about 24 hours since I contacted her.... Am I being overly concerned and just wait longer?
Or are there ways of me perhaps getting hold of a contact number?

Cheers in advance and rep for the best answer lol :P

16 Comments

Go round her house and knock her out

I'd request her information from ebay, they give you her phone number etc, and maybe wait a couple more days before contacting her, she might not be able to get to a pc at the minute

i thought you could request contact details via ebay

LOL. I did something similar just after I had my little girl - posted cheques to wrong companies. Worst bit was that both banked them despite the fact that one was for £100 more than they had asked for and the other one was obviously £100 short. Nobody mentioned it til one month later when I get in another statement!! Nightmare.

In your case, you've obviously got their name and address so you should try getting a phone number and give them a phone to explain.

Good luck.

tinkers;5187379

LOL. I did something similar just after I had my little girl - posted … LOL. I did something similar just after I had my little girl - posted cheques to wrong companies. Worst bit was that both banked them despite the fact that one was for £100 more than they had asked for and the other one was obviously £100 short. Nobody mentioned it til one month later when I get in another statement!! Nightmare.In your case, you've obviously got their name and address so you should try getting a phone number and give them a phone to explain.Good luck.

What happened with that?

Original Poster

caggarooney;5187364

I'd request her information from ebay, they give you her phone number … I'd request her information from ebay, they give you her phone number etc, and maybe wait a couple more days before contacting her, she might not be able to get to a pc at the minute

Hmmm didint know what you could do that until now :P

Ok, ive requested the details and the auto site send it would send them to me.

Ill leave it until this afternoon and if still no word then I shall contact her.

Cheers for everyone that suggest this, rep added

Dean - As tempting as that may be :P - I was in the wrong not her, and I dont beat up ladies :P

dean3988;5187387

What happened with that?

Had a £100 credit with the company I overpaid as it wasn't their policy to issue refunds!! Then I still had to pay the other company another £100. What a nightmare.

Both banks denied they'd done anything wrong despite me getting the cheques back to prove they'd banked cheques made payable to the wrong company. I'm really careful now as it just goes to show that it doesn't really matter who the cheque is made payable to, if it gets in the wrong hands it can still be banked!
:whistling:

You could try getting her number from BT.

I shouldn't worry too much yet, it really is too soon

I do quite a bit of buying & selling on eBay & have come to realise that not everyone spends so much time on a computer so she probably just hasn't read your message.

No doubt once she realises she has received the wrong item, she will be in touch - you say she should have received it by now, but was it something that would fit through the letter box & did it need a signature? If she was out at the time, it might be waiting for her to collect from her Post Office, so she might not know yet.

look on order details...on your account page, the contact numbers are generally on there

Original Poster

BeeKeeper;5187459

I shouldn't worry too much yet, it really is too soonI do quite a bit of … I shouldn't worry too much yet, it really is too soonI do quite a bit of buying & selling on eBay & have come to realise that not everyone spends so much time on a computer so she probably just hasn't read your message.No doubt once she realises she has received the wrong item, she will be in touch - you say she should have received it by now, but was it something that would fit through the letter box & did it need a signature? If she was out at the time, it might be waiting for her to collect from her Post Office, so she might not know yet.

It was a PS3 game... And I thought I would be a cheapscape and just send it via normal 1st class instead of signed for like I normally do (Obviously worst mistake of teh century for me :P )

Sent on Friday, she lives in a populated area so it should have been recieved yesterday or today at the latest.

Further more, I just checked her rep page and she left feedback for another seller about 3 hours after I contacted her

Banned

dean3988;5187336

Go round her house and knock her out

agreed! lol

tinkers;5187420

Had a £100 credit with the company I overpaid as it wasn't their policy … Had a £100 credit with the company I overpaid as it wasn't their policy to issue refunds!! Then I still had to pay the other company another £100. What a nightmare. Both banks denied they'd done anything wrong despite me getting the cheques back to prove they'd banked cheques made payable to the wrong company. I'm really careful now as it just goes to show that it doesn't really matter who the cheque is made payable to, if it gets in the wrong hands it can still be banked! :whistling:

Unlucky!! next time, check when ur sending something!

I put the address on the wrong boxes the other month, only just realised when i went to check if someone had paid for it. if i didnt, someone would be having a field day!

Klis;5187474

It was a PS3 game... And I thought I would be a cheapscape and just send … It was a PS3 game... And I thought I would be a cheapscape and just send it via normal 1st class instead of signed for (Obviously worst mistake of teh century for me :P )Sent on Friday, she lives in a populated area so it should have been recieved yesterday or today at the latest.Further more, I just checked her rep page and she left feedback for another seller about 3 hours after I contacted her

She's probably waiting to see if she's hit the jackpot! haha

Trouble with ebay is sellers don't have much protection, I sold something a few weeks ago and the woman that bought it just didn't turn up to collect it, never heard from her again, despite about 10 emails and I can't even leave her neg feedback

Original Poster

Thats the newest change that I hate about eBay... The fact that sellers can't neg.... I mean its not always the sellers fault and you should be able to warn other sellers of crap buyers >.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764030
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213603
    3. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1413
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 511

See more discussions