Ebay- Second chance offer Q

Hi, just got offered something on Ebay thru the second chance offer system. The original buyer had pulled out and the seller had offered me the item on a buy-it-now. I paid via paypal and now the seller says the original buyer now wants to buy. The seller has now cancelled my purchase, even though I had already accepted and the offer and paid. Can the seller do this? (obviously they can because they have just done it with me!!) Forum's opinions are greatly appreciated.

8 Comments

report seller for non performance

The seller has a diesease called greed no other explanation:x

give him some negative feedback and report him to ebay and paypal..

Original Poster

renown;6180826

The seller has a diesease called greed no other explanation:x

I think your avatar sums it up nicely.

xmal

think u are being screwed with....

add neg rep and report seller

make sure you get your money back before leaving negative feedback

I'm sure that's against ebay rules, I sell on ebay and would never do that to a buyer.

Original Poster

melgou;6181327

I'm sure that's against ebay rules, I sell on ebay and would never do … I'm sure that's against ebay rules, I sell on ebay and would never do that to a buyer.

I sell on ebay too and its the first time that I have come across it. Previous comment said "greed", I tend to agree. I will report this- in fact I got an email from ebay asking if I accepted or rejected the sellers request to cancel a transaction. I rejected it. At the end of the day though, I can not force the seller to send it to me!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What an absolute disgrace2152
    2. Better watch out for these...913
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763971
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846086

See more discussions