Groups

ebay seller adds postage at end of auction

just won a dvd rw laptop drive item stated free postage, got invoice threw from ebay and the seller had added a £2 charger for recorded post.

Is the seller allowed to add postage charges or alter them after the auction has ended

10 Comments

I had one like that a few days ago. Told him to do one.

Original Poster

item is £5.50 dvd rw drive second hand and in ok condition
    stated free pnp via royal mail recorded 1st class

got invoice threw
    item price and now postage for the above service is now £2 instead of free,

its only £2 but its the principle of the matter, ave sold on ebay and i make all my postage options clear

report him to ebay

No you can't add afterwards, tell him its against the rules and if he doesn't sent it with free postage you will report for breaking ebay rules.

Ebay have recently relaxed the rule on free postage being compulsary but it still must be stated

Yep tell him you want it for what you won it at or you will report him for false advertising.

jazferbetay;7795430

item is £5.50 dvd rw drive second hand and in ok conditionstated free pnp … item is £5.50 dvd rw drive second hand and in ok conditionstated free pnp via royal mail recorded 1st classgot invoice threw item price and now postage for the above service is now £2 instead of free,its only £2 but its the principle of the matter, ave sold on ebay and i make all my postage options clear

Did you have a check to see that they didnt state a postage price in the listing details? Ive seen a couple recently which say free postage but in the small print somewhere they have put a postage price

pinkkitty2007;7795469

Did you have a check to see that they didnt state a postage price in the … Did you have a check to see that they didnt state a postage price in the listing details? Ive seen a couple recently which say free postage but in the small print somewhere they have put a postage price

It doesn't matter. If it states free postage it was probably one of ebays free postage items. many sellers try to be sneaky and say there is a postage charge in the listing, but they can't charge it, well they can from yesterday I think it was, as ebay have removed the enforced free postage, but that will only count on items listed after yesterday.

OP should do this...

winifer;7795464

No you can't add afterwards, tell him its against the rules and if he … No you can't add afterwards, tell him its against the rules and if he doesn't sent it with free postage you will report for breaking ebay rules.

And also add on the end of that that appropriate feedback will be left.

ie: negative. lol

Original Poster

tem number:270527185320
    dvd-rw for laptop
    Winning bid: £5.50
    Postage: Free -- Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded.

Bidders:3 Bids:3 Time Ended:09-Feb-10 14:09:48 GMT Duration:3 days

it looks like he is a newbie on ebay, only 1 feedback. Just tell him it clearly states free p+p

Banned

Are you sure it didnt say frieght? and the cost of postage was in the lsiting ? sometimes even if the seller puts as frieght it comes up as free.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cat Chat77736
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047154
      3. Fifa 18 web app Now active.44
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1930

See more discussions