Groups
    EXPIRED

Ebay seller advertising Cex voucher (and has online details visible)

This ebayer seller has just listed a cex voucher for sale but has posted all the details of the voucher for everyone to see. And guess what? Voucher is now expired.

ebay.co.uk/itm…481?hash=item3d36007441:g:zC8AAOSwax5Yy-I7

33 Comments

Did you just nick his £80 then?

what a wolly

Original Poster

Of course it wasn't me. I have emailed the seller to tell them to ask them to contact cex ASAP to get the voucher cancelled.

How do you use them? I didn't know you can use them online, what code do you enter the order no?

Original Poster

There were online issues with redeeming Cex vouchers only yesterday. Had he listed this only 24hrs earlier he would not have been robbed.

Serves him right.
    He was asking for £80 + 64p delivery....
    For an effing £80 voucher!

There is a god!

'New and worth £80 - no offers'.

http://s4.postimg.org/rajcmn3kt/screenshot_2850.png

Original Poster

Seen this happen before. A woman listed a cex voucher and didn't blank the details out so someone robbed her. She then posted another ebay advert (to get the message to the thief) to say that she was heartbroken and how someone could do this as it was her kid's birthday money.

Given that the listing is still running and that he hasnt updated the description to state that its been swiped - surely the only way you'd know it has been is if youve tried it yourself...

Original Poster

TheNoid

Given that the listing is still running and that he hasnt updated the … Given that the listing is still running and that he hasnt updated the description to state that its been swiped - surely the only way you'd know it has been is if youve tried it yourself...

OK Sherlock, if I post my credit card details on ebay what do you think is gonna happen? You don't need to check anyway to find out it's been stolen.

Van_Dam

OK Sherlock, if I post my credit card details on ebay what do you think … OK Sherlock, if I post my credit card details on ebay what do you think is gonna happen? You don't need to check anyway to find out it's been stolen.

But you checked anyway eh? Trying to look like a good Samaritan, but being found out to be a low life.

Original Poster

TheNoid

But you checked anyway eh? Trying to look like a good Samaritan, but … But you checked anyway eh? Trying to look like a good Samaritan, but being found out to be a low life.

Newb. Yeah i checked to see if it was still valid, doesn't mean i was going to steal it. There's a difference.

Van_Dam

Newb. Yeah i checked to see if it was still valid, doesn't mean i was … Newb. Yeah i checked to see if it was still valid, doesn't mean i was going to steal it. There's a difference.

Whatever helps you sleep at night kid.

Feel sorry for seller, probably thinks the voucher is only valid as physical reciept, non aware of online use.

I remember similar things happening with M&S credit notes. People selling them on ebay with the barcode clearly visible, people were printing the pictures out and using them at the self service checkouts.

Original Poster

Well, still no reply from the seller to my emails so I have therefore decided to contact cex on their behalf to get this order cancelled asap.

Here is the email i sent:

Hi,This enquiry is with regards to the suspected fraudulent use of a cex … Hi,This enquiry is with regards to the suspected fraudulent use of a cex voucher thay may have been stolen from an advert placed on ebay, where the seller has displayed all the voucher details openly (see link below).http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CEX-Voucher-/262899004481?hash=item3d36007441:g:zC8AAOSwax5Yy-I7I would recommend the immediate cancellation of the order relating to this voucher and also inform the seller on ebay about this.Sincerely,

If traceable then person who used it could be done, it is theft. Remember the lady who found £20 note in a store a week ago and there was a thread here debating it, she got done for theft?!
    hotukdeals.com/mis…122

Edited by: "splender" 18th Mar

Original Poster

It is traceable and it is already theft.

Van_Dam

It is traceable and it is already theft.

If online use , then traceable, it is a honey trap to get people nicked by police, to have a laugh.

Van_Dam

Well, still no reply from the seller to my emails so I have therefore … Well, still no reply from the seller to my emails so I have therefore decided to contact cex on their behalf to get this order cancelled asap.Here is the email i sent:

Nice of you to do that but I bet CEX don't give a toss

splender

If traceable then person who used it could be done, it is theft. Remember … If traceable then person who used it could be done, it is theft. Remember the lady who found £20 note in a store a week ago and there was a thread here debating it, she got done for theft?!http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/woman-finds-20-pockets-gets-caught-convicted-theft-2626122

I don't see it as theft, if you're simple enough to post up details for everyone to see it's a free for all really. Someone will nab it

benjammin316

I don't see it as theft, if you're simple enough to post up details for … I don't see it as theft, if you're simple enough to post up details for everyone to see it's a free for all really. Someone will nab it

Principle well established, that's same as displaying a pack of meat on in a store with a price tag on it. If traceable you are nicked.

benjammin316

I don't see it as theft, if you're simple enough to post up details for … I don't see it as theft, if you're simple enough to post up details for everyone to see it's a free for all really. Someone will nab it

​not really the person probably just didn't know it can be used without it being physically sent. I blame ebay for all the people being ripped off as they tell u to put as many photos as u can to get more interest in items.

splender

Principle well established, that's same as displaying a pack of meat on … Principle well established, that's same as displaying a pack of meat on in a store with a price tag on it. If traceable you are nicked.

​what about buy 1 get one free and sugar free do u just have the free on and the free sugar instead of the other paid item or 20 percent free are we allowed take 20% percent out as it's free.

Original Poster

It is theft plain and simple. If you find £20 on the street it's theft if you pocket it without attempting to locate the owner. Here someone has committed an act of theft by finding. Google it.
    Edited by: "Van_Dam" 18th Mar

Banned

oh dear.

Van_Dam

It is theft plain and simple. If you find £20 on the street it's theft if … It is theft plain and simple. If you find £20 on the street it's theft if you pocket it without attempting to locate the owner. Here someone has committed an act of theft by finding. Google it.

If I find £20 on the street, I guess I'm a thief.

MynameisM

​what about buy 1 get one free and sugar free do u just have the free on a … ​what about buy 1 get one free and sugar free do u just have the free on and the free sugar instead of the other paid item or 20 percent free are we allowed take 20% percent out as it's free.

Why not?

What is ebay's stance on digital vouchers etc?

Or was it paypal. Pretty sure I remember reading ages ago that there was no buyer or seller protection on digital downloads. I can't remember what. Not sold on ebay for years.

One or the other. Unless I'm just confused which is highly likely!

gmdlogan

What is ebay's stance on digital vouchers etc? Or was it paypal. Pretty … What is ebay's stance on digital vouchers etc? Or was it paypal. Pretty sure I remember reading ages ago that there was no buyer or seller protection on digital downloads. I can't remember what. Not sold on ebay for years.

I don't think you're meant to sell things without sending a physical item but yeah, if someone redeems the code then claims it didn't work you're stuffed.

I see idiots on FB posting pictures of tickets they bought to events and showing the barcode, and people were printing off the pictures to get into the events for free. There was a video last year of someone who showed how easy it was to get the barcode and make the pass look legit.

gmdlogan

What is ebay's stance on digital vouchers etc? Or was it paypal. Pretty … What is ebay's stance on digital vouchers etc? Or was it paypal. Pretty sure I remember reading ages ago that there was no buyer or seller protection on digital downloads. I can't remember what. Not sold on ebay for years.

Absolutely none, and also very little protection for selling physical due to how easy it is nowadays for the buyer to claim a chargeback.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …25104
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767411
      3. Any PS4 News Here29313805
      4. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1917

See more discussions