eBay seller cancelled my order after 3 days as he put the wrong price? Anything I can do?

Found 26th Jul 2016
So a guy put a BIN on, for £219.99 for a PS4, on saturday night. Bought it and paid immediately.

I went into CEX at the weekend bought couple games cheap, bought one more on eBay in preparation for its arrival. Also picked up an extra Controller too

Monday evening comes, no notification of a despatch, so I email him, and he gets back to me saying - "I have been slacking today, I will send off the item tomorrow".

Not to worry. Then midnight strikes, he says this:

"Just getting in contact because I have some bad news.

Was just about to buy the Courier & after checking all the details it turns out that I have priced the PlayStation for £219.99 when I meant to price it for£329.99. A slight mis-click on my keyboard has caused me to drop the price by £110 therefore I have to cancel the order. (I have somehow managed to press the keys 1 to the left of what I meant)"

He gives me a trophy £10 as an apology but I sent it straight back as it wasnt a very sincere gift, made me feel bad if anything. But that doesnt give me back all the deals that I missed over the 3 day period that were good but I had already paid, and the time wasted buying games and controllers for which I have no console.

Is there anything I can do? Obviously he isnt contracted to send me the item but its bloody peed me off as this was meant to be a gift for my girlfriend!

tl;dr - An item was purchased on ebay, the seller gets in contact to cancel the transaction as the item was priced incorrectly. They gave me £10 as goodwill which I rejected.

Can I do anything to get the item at the original price?
- ipswich78
Community Updates
AskPrice Glitch
10 Comments
no recourse, to be fair sounds like a legitimate mistake which he appologised for and offered you a goodwill £10 that was above and beyond. You should have known that it was probably a miss-price, if it seems too good to be true it probably is, you are lucky it was just an error and not a scammer.
chezzy

no recourse, to be fair sounds like a legitimate mistake which he … no recourse, to be fair sounds like a legitimate mistake which he appologised for and offered you a goodwill £10 that was above and beyond. You should have known that it was probably a miss-price, if it seems too good to be true it probably is, you are lucky it was just an error and not a scammer.

Yeh lucky in that regard.

But the guy had 1000+ feedback, and 329, is quite a different number to 219. Who doesnt check the things they're posting for such high value??
ebay is way out of touch for both buyers and sellers.. You can't force the seller to honour the price. sounds a little stupid not knowing what price it was listed at but he didn't have to offer you the £10 if he was not genuine.
Hopefully you didn't tell your gf you bought her a ps4, if you did you now have to go pay the normal price.

Sadly nowt you can do. I've had something similar happen, bought a secondhand graphics card on amazon private sales, great price and happy (wasn't mis-priced) and get a message a few days later from the seller saying they sold it to someone else. Gutted but nowt can be done.
people make mistakes tgats why you normally get a rubber on the end of pencils. Nowt you can do chap.
what ps4 was it for £330
Dawsy

ebay is way out of touch for both buyers and sellers.. You can't force … ebay is way out of touch for both buyers and sellers.. You can't force the seller to honour the price. sounds a little stupid not knowing what price it was listed at but he didn't have to offer you the £10 if he was not genuine.

It's the same as what would of happened if it was an online shop, which in this case the correct procedure has been followed - the £10 sweetener was an unusual, but very generous 'apology'.
davver99

what ps4 was it for £330

Star Wars limited edition one. Just genuinely thought the guy wanted a quick sale at £219.99. Hey ho.
darkstryder360

Star Wars limited edition one. Just genuinely thought the guy wanted a … Star Wars limited edition one. Just genuinely thought the guy wanted a quick sale at £219.99. Hey ho.

yer 100 extra for a face on the console is alot isnt it when a refurb black one is 219 as above
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants