ebay seller has not paid the correct postage.

Found 10th Dec 2017
Anybody know what the ebay procedure is when a seller has
not paid the correct postage, Royal mail have left me a card requiring me to
pay a £2 fee to get my sticky little mitts on a package. I don’t know who it’s from
currently waiting for 3 ebay items. I can’t get to the sorting office to
inspect the package before paying the fee.

Do I wait to find out who it’s from, then request a £2
refund upfront? Pay upfront get it delivered then request the refund
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  1. Ask
what's two pounds, find out what it is, then request refund, if ya wanna for two quid.

i got cheesed off when someone sent me letter and didn't put stamp on, had to go collect it, pay stamp, and turns out a junk mail from work who could of just handed me at work.
Pay the fee ask the seller if he is willing to refund the difference. If they don't, open a case and show proof off the price difference.
You say you can't get to the sorting office to pay/collect, so gives you plenty time to message each of the 3 sellers you've purchased from, advise them you've had a RM notice to pay £2 before they will release the parcel and await there response, I'm guessing the guilty party will know straightaway, most sellers are accurate with postage and its normally double-checked in the post office.
Original Poster
Thanks the 3 items will be in jiffy bags more than likely. Think I’ll just wait and see what doesn’t turn up then contact the seller.
Post a comment

Top Discussions