ebay seller in several locations??

Edited by:"blackster"Found 27th Jan
Hi Folks

I sold something on ebay a few days ago, it's not of great value £12.99

The person who has won it has an american address on the ebay file, I don't normally send abroad however I worked out a price, she has now messaged me today and said shes had issues with her paypal account and now wants the item sending to an address in Manchester, UK.

What has just started alarm bells ringing is her account says its registered in Poland.

What shall I do here??

Cheers

EDIT : I've just tried to view this persons feedback and it's all private and I cannot view it, good or bad, if they have ripped sellers off they won't be able to leave bad so maybe all the 10 recent feedback is from sellers??
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments
Sounds fishy. I would cancel the sale and refund money. Not worth the hassle especially if addresses dont match up.
Original Poster
master1011 m ago

Sounds fishy. I would cancel the sale and refund money. Not worth the …Sounds fishy. I would cancel the sale and refund money. Not worth the hassle especially if addresses dont match up.

Cheers, they haven't actually made payment as they are still going on about some story they only have half the funds in their account, I've cancelled the auction but they have just sent two request for the amount again, it's defo a scam of some sort.
Just cancel the sale and refund the money, it’s not worth the hassle, it’s a problem waiting to happen for you.
Original Poster
Wi
Dea3321 m ago

Just cancel the sale and refund the money, it’s not worth the hassle, it’s …Just cancel the sale and refund the money, it’s not worth the hassle, it’s a problem waiting to happen for you.

Will do, can they leave bad feedback if I pull out?
blackster55 m ago

Wi Will do, can they leave bad feedback if I pull out?

Yes, as far as I know if you cancel a transaction the buyer can still leave feedback.
Original Poster
hearts228 m ago

Yes, as far as I know if you cancel a transaction the buyer can still …Yes, as far as I know if you cancel a transaction the buyer can still leave feedback.

Great so i get bad feedback for nothing
Suspended
blackster30 m ago

Great so i get bad feedback for nothing

Send the item, you might lose your money but you'll get great feedback
You can get bad feed back removed from eBay easily by just referring it. If you have no other bad feedback and only this one then I wouldn’t worry, you also have a right to reply to whatever they post before you ask ebay to completely remove it.
I had someone trying to con me in similar circumstances on another selling site, basically they paid, I reviewed and sent within 24hrs, they cancelled the payment, I called them out and they slaughtered me in the reviews making a load of **** up and calling me names but all my others were 100%, I contacted customer services explaining the situation and within a week I was back to 100% and their review and them were blocked.
A friend on eBay had a similar situation, and followed what I did and eBay removed the review.
blackster11 h, 13 m ago

Wi Will do, can they leave bad feedback if I pull out?

Edited by moderator: "swearing" 28th Jan
Has she paid? When they pay you need to send it to the address on the PayPal transaction. Tell her to add the UK address when she pays. Job done.
Do you mark your sales that you are only willing to post to the UK , I do with all of mine , if you did and they have an address outside of the U.K. you have a valid reason for cancelling the sale anyway . You are only covered if you send the item to the registered address , so unless you have full payment via PayPal and the address is registered in the UK , again you have a valid reason to cancel the sale . Make sure all emails are via eBay so if a dispute arises they can read them all and cancel bad feedback if any is left
Dea33210 h, 49 m ago

You can get bad feed back removed from eBay easily by just referring it. …You can get bad feed back removed from eBay easily by just referring it. If you have no other bad feedback and only this one then I wouldn’t worry, you also have a right to reply to whatever they post before you ask ebay to completely remove it. I had someone trying to con me in similar circumstances on another selling site, basically they paid, I reviewed and sent within 24hrs, they cancelled the payment, I called them out and they slaughtered me in the reviews making a load of **** up and calling me names but all my others were 100%, I contacted customer services explaining the situation and within a week I was back to 100% and their review and them were blocked. A friend on eBay had a similar situation, and followed what I did and eBay removed the review.

Ebay wont remove negative feedback unless its very particular circumstances. Ive had it before, the only thing you can do is hope the buyer changes it on request if they do leave some. Probably different on other platforms. Ebay isnt bothered if you get scammed.

I had a buyer buy an item worth several hundred pounds. On the face of it, it looked legit. 300+ feedback all positive, however when I viewed the profile they only joined the week before and hundreds of feedbacks were from currys as they leave positive feedback immediately. Set alarms bells ringing so i cancelled the purchase. A week later got an email from ebay saying the buyer was a fraudulent account and they had been removed from ebay and not to send the item. Well it would have been abit late for that, they didnt care when I first reported it.

Always go with your gut feeling, at the end of the day nobody is going to cover ypur loss if it happens.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants