Posted 6th Jan 2023
I want to buy something on ebay, the seller has put a postage amount but says her item is collection only. if I buy the item who is responsible for the packaging and posting if the seller agrees to deliver?
the last time I bought a collection only item and the seller agreed to post it too me, they arranged packaging and delivery and I paid extra to cover their costs.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Sounds like the seller may have selected a postal option by mistake (or they selected Collection Only by mistake!). Collection Only, to me, means that the seller isn't willing to post or do an online transaction / likely prefers cash only.

The only way you'll know for sure is to verify it with the seller.
  2. Avatar
    Listing an item is sometimes not very clear & easy, the seller might not know how to remove the postage option. Additionally when I used to list heavy collection items I had to select payment by paypal even though I wanted cash on collection so used to get people 300 miles away buying a sofa and expecting me to post it to them.

Ask the seller.
  3. Avatar
    Just message the seller and ask them Pauline - nobody on here will have the right answer except the seller. (edited)
  4. Avatar
    Why not ask the seller? If they've listed a postage option then that's what you'll pay to get it delivered to you, but if you think they've made an error with the contradictory information, just ask and find out.
  5. Avatar
    When you sent a message to the seller, what did they reply with?
  6. Avatar
    Pauline if you meessaged the seller instead of posting here you'd already have your answer
  7. Avatar
    Sounds like you’ll have to drive to their house and parcel it up, then they’ll post it to you - but, you may have to take it to the post office for them.
  8. Avatar
    Best solution would be to start a new thread and hopefully the seller sees it posts a reply. All the best.
  9. Avatar
    the seller will either be really helpful, and do that for you..

or you will get one who will package it, but you arrange a courier to pick it up, but at a time when the seller is free..

or you’ll get one who just can’t be bothered, and that’s why they put collection only..

but as this seller has put a delivery price, I would think that they may post if you ask nicely
  10. Avatar
    I will ask my Uncle Frank to talk to his psychic and see if she can determine the answer for you.

I will ask my Uncle Frank to talk to his psychic and see if she can determine the answer for you. (edited)
    Psychic said it was worth asking twice
  11. Avatar
    Just a mistake?, message the seller sasking if its collection only, and if so and you want to do that tell them to remove the postage costs. (edited)
Top Merchants