eBay Seller rights

Found 18th Jul
Hi all.

I may be paranoid but got myself into a situation where I sold an iPhone on eBay and I didn’t realise that I had sent it in a box which wasn’t the phones original as it was an insurance replacement. Now the buyer has straight away said I have mis sold and wants to return for a refund. I’m a just a bit concerned I could be scammed in case they have taken the imei number and pull an insurance claim or similar. Has anybody got any ideas on how to proceed? I’ve already said send it back and I’ll pay the return postage and issue a refund. It was sent to an Argos collection point so haven’t got their address. It may be all ok but just want to cover myself just in case, don’t want to end up £300 out of pocket a few weeks down the line when I’ve resold it.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Doesn’t the ime number lock to your iCloud account, so they wouldn’t be able to do an insurance job on it. Unless they sent it back still logged in there iCloud account
Hope so, wasn’t sure if you just give the imei to the insurance company and they just block it without checking.
Why are you selling a phone for which you have made an insurance claim on? That’s fraud.
cmdr_elito6 m ago

Why are you selling a phone for which you have made an insurance claim on? …Why are you selling a phone for which you have made an insurance claim on? That’s fraud.

That's not what OP has done. It's not fraud at all.
Edited by: "RossD89" 18th Jul
cmdr_elito1 h, 46 m ago

Why are you selling a phone for which you have made an insurance claim on? …Why are you selling a phone for which you have made an insurance claim on? That’s fraud.

"insurance replacement"
Probably damaged and replaced.
You've done all you can - offer the return and at your cost. You could explain you've sent the wrong box (do you have the correct one and could you send that?).
It was a phone replaced by insurance about 18 months ago, the only issue is that the box was from the original so has different serial/imei numbers. It was my fault for not noticing I suppose but it seems a bit strange it’s a deal breaker for someone.
wkdandyly2 h, 1 m ago

It was a phone replaced by insurance about 18 months ago, the only issue …It was a phone replaced by insurance about 18 months ago, the only issue is that the box was from the original so has different serial/imei numbers. It was my fault for not noticing I suppose but it seems a bit strange it’s a deal breaker for someone.

Did you state it was an insurance replacement on the listing? Might they have bought it to sell on?. Perhaps they suspect it may be stolen?. It is rather petty though.
No, I didn’t even think about it as it was such a long time ago. I’ll make sure in the relist though and fingers crossed he’s honest.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants