Expired

ebay seller sent me wrong item

Found 29th Nov 2017Edited by:"veni_vidi_emere"
ebay seller sent me wrong car bulbs.
I paid about 21.50 and both [one ordered <- > one sent] have same connection just one is 100k whiter.
Both bulbs I could have for about the same price [~25p difference] from different sellers. Manufacturer website suggest bulb I have bought is more expensive [over a pound] from the one, seller sent me.
So instead requesting replacement [sending back and forth] I said to return £1.50 and it's OKish for me and no feedback will be affected.

Seller responds that the bulb I have is more expensive and he wants me to send it back, sending me return label.

My question is how much could be paying seller with rather not too big selling quantities for a parcel [double bulb blister] that it is worth for him/her to drag me to post office {i dont have time to do it unless I try hard and spend money doing it} and risk bad feedback on top of that.

what a hell
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Didn’t think sellers could leave negative feedback if you have paid for an item.
Original Poster
alankfc028 m ago

Didn’t think sellers could leave negative feedback if you have paid for an …Didn’t think sellers could leave negative feedback if you have paid for an item.

I will leave bad feedback for rejecting sensible offer.

Yesterday I have received 2 wrong parcel if I will be about running to post office with everything it will cost me, it's P&P but I don't get paid for it apart from stamp.
Mistakes happen.

You are of course only looking at the selling price, you don't know the sellers cost of these, it is obviously worth it to them to have the wrong bulb returned.

No big deal surely to pop down to the post office with the item?

You have said the seller has sent a returns label, so no postage cost to yourself..

If I were you, I'd request to return both lamps for full refund so you can purchase elsewhere.
Original Poster
andynicol2 h, 42 m ago

Mistakes happen.You are of course only looking at the selling price, you …Mistakes happen.You are of course only looking at the selling price, you don't know the sellers cost of these, it is obviously worth it to them to have the wrong bulb returned.No big deal surely to pop down to the post office with the item?You have said the seller has sent a returns label, so no postage cost to yourself..If I were you, I'd request to return both lamps for full refund so you can purchase elsewhere.

I know the that price seller paid is not known but surely his/her loss wouldn't be far off the loss of my time and petrol and hassle arranging special trip to POffice in my work time, it looks to me like a power trip / my bulbs my rules, that will come at cost to a seller
As someone who has been on the seller's side of this situation (and accidentally mixed up two boxes during preparation for shipping), please consider the seller's and the other buyer's side. The seller is only human and makes mistakes. Give him/her a break and return his/her merchandise so he/she can send it to the rightful buyer! It's the courteous (and right) thing to do!

If the seller sent you an item that was meant for someone else, they need it back. Yes, it was their mistake & nobody is going to force you to return the item, BUT if the shoe were on the other foot, how would you feel? What if they sent you someone else's item that didn't work better for you? You would be contacting them so fast that you want the item you ordered.

If this is something they may have more than 1 of, then yes, maybe you can pay the difference. But if it's for someone else, they need it back & are sending you a label so you don't have to be out money.

It's up to you, but I believe in kharma. Do the right thing.
Also read this heart rendering story from the 'other side' from a seller who accidently sent the wrong ebay item to a customer ...

community.ebay.com/t5/…629

PS: Do the Right Thing
Edited by: "krazyasif786" 30th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants