Ebay seller suggests returning item without opening case

Hi all, I recently bought a 2nd hand laptop on Ebay. There was a problem with the laptop. I messaged the seller on Ebay and he offered to have it returned back. He promised to refund me the cost of the laptop plus postage. I then rang Ebay and spoke with someone for whom English is definitely not his first language and probably not even second, third or fourth. If I understood correctly, he said that as long I use a tracking service, I should be protected, but postage is always on me.

To be honest the customer rep did not sound he knew what he was talking about. What should I do? Is it better to use Ebay return service or is it fine if I just send the pack back to the seller?

Thanks.

6 Comments

If it were me I would open a case because a return label would only cost £2.99 tracked 48hrs through eBay, plus he sold you faulty goods.
Edited by: "Robot_Rooster" 5th Jul

Open a case unless you want to lose your money.

open a case

No need to open the case as long as you send the laptop back recorded delivery and TAKE A VIDEO of it not working and pictures of any damage before sending it back.

Did the parcel look damaged on delivery? Problem with the courier during delivery maybe?

Original Poster

mac9091

No need to open the case as long as you send the laptop back recorded … No need to open the case as long as you send the laptop back recorded delivery and TAKE A VIDEO of it not working and pictures of any damage before sending it back.Did the parcel look damaged on delivery? Problem with the courier during delivery maybe?

Well, too late. I've already opened a case. I did video the opening of the box but my video stops at booting the laptop. The packaging was ok. The box was loose but the wrapping around the laptop was good. I must think they didn't even check the charger.

Hi
if the item was not what you wanted but perfectly ok then its up to you to cover the post for return and if it was faulty then its the sellers bill, but what ever happens open a case so its all tracked etc.... with ebay so in case anything goes wrong you are protected i recently bought some flooring it wasnt what i hoped for so i returned at my cost it was about £31 to return
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Why do people scam on Gumtree?33
    2. Anyone tried the Tyrells website for the mini competition?11
    3. A mini break to Edinburgh - recommendations for recommendations/area etc!46
    4. Anything better than allcast?33

See more discussions