Expired

Ebay seller with 65 feedback all positive in the last year, not allowed on HUKD, why?

Found 7th Jun
The account is years old 100% positive, why are deals from sellers like that not allowed here?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
we don't need private seller deals, sets the premise for abuse.
I’m not a business seller, but I have over 1500 feedback on eBay.

Having 65 feedback over many years isn’t a good rating really
I think HotUKDeals is doing a great job filtering out the scammers of this world and if that means that sometimes some deals don’t get posted well I think we can all get over it .
13 Comments
Hi @Jennatools,

I've just responded to your PM with the same message, but:

The site rules have always stated that listed eBay sellers must be UK registered businesses AND have sufficient feedback over a 12-month period.

This seller doesn't tick either box.

The underlying reason is to protect our users by ensuring that all sellers are genuine, trustworthy and accountable.
If we allowed any eBay seller to post their own sales, we would be overrun with eBay deals AND - more importantly - our users would be exposed to potentially unsafe/unreliable sellers.

Thanks for posting, but this link to a personal eBay seller account with minimal feedback is not suitable.
Is it a business account?
I’m not a business seller, but I have over 1500 feedback on eBay.

Having 65 feedback over many years isn’t a good rating really
farmlama5 m ago

I’m not a business seller, but I have over 1500 feedback on eBay. Having 6 …I’m not a business seller, but I have over 1500 feedback on eBay. Having 65 feedback over many years isn’t a good rating really

I don't see a problem with a seller who's account is over a year old and has over 50 feedback all positive, have bought many items with no problems from sellers with worse feedback, everyone has to start somewhere.

This particularly seller has an account of 14 years with over 500 feedback 100% positive.
Jennatools6 m ago

I don't see a problem with a seller who's account is over a year old and …I don't see a problem with a seller who's account is over a year old and has over 50 feedback all positive, have bought many items with no problems from sellers with worse feedback, everyone has to start somewhere.This particularly seller has an account of 14 years with over 500 feedback 100% positive.

Your other posts made it sound like they only had 65 feedback on total. I’m not saying don’t buy from them, just pointing out that it wasn’t such a great rating. It sounds like this seller doesn’t sell loads of items, so if they now have enough listed to post as a deal on here it could be that their account has been hacked so something to beware.

if they only sell 1-2 items a week then they do not seem like a business and just some random private seller and this site isn’t really to advertise private ebay accounts. If that was the case then we would all be spamming with our own accounts. Look me up on eBay I have loads of good offers kinda thing. Personal gain and such
HutchAW26 m ago

Hi @Jennatools,I've just responded to your PM with the same message, …Hi @Jennatools,I've just responded to your PM with the same message, but:The site rules have always stated that listed eBay sellers must be UK registered businesses AND have sufficient feedback over a 12-month period.This seller doesn't tick either box.The underlying reason is to protect our users by ensuring that all sellers are genuine, trustworthy and accountable.If we allowed any eBay seller to post their own sales, we would be overrun with eBay deals AND - more importantly - our users would be exposed to potentially unsafe/unreliable sellers.Thanks for posting, but this link to a personal eBay seller account with minimal feedback is not suitable.

You could make a limit on Ebay deals posted by each user to 1 per month to stop spam or numerous other anti-spam procedures. If the site is going to be so strict on Ebay deals I wonder why are any are allowed at all really.

Plus to talk about trustworthy and genuine sellers on this site is a laugh when many places allowed to sell here are anything but.
Jennatools5 m ago

You could make a limit on Ebay deals posted by each user to 1 per month to …You could make a limit on Ebay deals posted by each user to 1 per month to stop spam or numerous other anti-spam procedures. If the site is going to be so strict on Ebay deals I wonder why are any are allowed at all really.Plus to talk about trustworthy and genuine sellers on this site is a laugh when many places allowed to sell here are anything but.

Hi @Jennatools,

We actually operate the same rules for Amazon sellers and any other sites who allow merchants to sell through them (eg Groupon).

In every single case, we review the seller across a number of platforms (Companies House / reviews / site feedback, things like that) to make a rounded judgement on whether the seller is safe and suitable.

We'll take your comments on board regarding eBay seller accounts, but at this time and under the current rules, a personal eBay account with 65 positive feedback over the last 12 months doesn't even come close to meeting the HUKD criteria

Thanks,
I think HotUKDeals is doing a great job filtering out the scammers of this world and if that means that sometimes some deals don’t get posted well I think we can all get over it .
we don't need private seller deals, sets the premise for abuse.
Jennatools7th Jun

You could make a limit on Ebay deals posted by each user to 1 per month to …You could make a limit on Ebay deals posted by each user to 1 per month to stop spam or numerous other anti-spam procedures. If the site is going to be so strict on Ebay deals I wonder why are any are allowed at all really.Plus to talk about trustworthy and genuine sellers on this site is a laugh when many places allowed to sell here are anything but.

scammers would just open hundreds of HUKD accounts
Ok no problem, I'll keep the great deals to myself then lol.
Jennatools7 h, 8 m ago

Ok no problem, I'll keep the great deals to myself then lol.

Good
chocci4 h, 27 m ago

Good

Nice like of your own comment. xD
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants