People buying to sell on eBay

Posted 16th Mar
Hi what’s everyone’s thinking when it comes to posting deals on here especially with amazon and a good deal sells out on amazon and 3 or 4 days later the items are selling for more than 10 times the price on eBay. I post quite a few deals on here with mainly cat and flog food but gets frustrating when trying to help others out then people just buy to make a huge profit
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Welcome to planet earth. People have been buying stuff and selling it at a profit for thousands of years.
23 Comments
It's bound to happen. My opinion is probably an outlier, but I don't get annoyed by profit buyers. I assume most people on this site aren't the wealthiest, so them buying multiple for profit is understandable. I've done it myself a few times, I've never gone overboard and bought dozens of an item, but I'll buy multiple and sell the ones I don't need. Call it greedy, call it what you want, I see it as first one gets it. If you're late to the deal, your loss, don't blame it on others buying too many.
Edited by: "sAmeri" 16th Mar
It's annoying, especially if you've went to great lengths to find or create a Deal post and someone else gets the glory or makes money out of it. (I have seen your posts on Latest Deals and a Facebook Bargain Group, for example, but I've seen some of my HUKD posts do the same, so it happens to anyone!). But that's the nature of the internet, sadly.
Greedy money grabbers is all I can say. Thinking of creating a new eBay account just to bid and not pay for these toilet rolls being listed every min. Watch this space alot of ebayers and greedy so and so's will learn their lesson hopefully.
Parasites.

No doubt the same people bulk buying hand sanitiser and bog roll to sell at massively inflated prices on Amazon marketplace and ebay.
Edited by: "spoo" 16th Mar
sAmeri16/03/2020 15:34

It's bound to happen. My opinion is probably an outlier, but I don't get …It's bound to happen. My opinion is probably an outlier, but I don't get annoyed by profit buyers anymore. I assume most people on this site aren't the wealthiest, so them buying multiple for profit is understandable. I admit I've done it myself a few times, I've never gone overboard and bought dozens of an item, but I'll buy multiple and sell the ones I don't need. Call it greedy, call it what you want, I see it as first one gets it. If you're late to the deal, your loss, don't blame it on others buying too many.

I always buy what I think I will use I have sold cat food on eBay but only due to fact my bloody fussy cats point blank refused to eat it but I just put it up as an action for around same price I pay so I don’t lose out on money sometimes I make a wee bit some times it just covers my cost
Power246816/03/2020 15:41

I always buy what I think I will use I have sold cat food on eBay but only …I always buy what I think I will use I have sold cat food on eBay but only due to fact my bloody fussy cats point blank refused to eat it but I just put it up as an action for around same price I pay so I don’t lose out on money sometimes I make a wee bit some times it just covers my cost

Me and my niece's dog (who I babysit a lot) appreciate your deals, by the way
Welcome to planet earth. People have been buying stuff and selling it at a profit for thousands of years.
louiselouise16/03/2020 15:35

It's annoying, especially if you've went to great lengths to find or …It's annoying, especially if you've went to great lengths to find or create a Deal post and someone else gets the glory or makes money out of it. (I have seen your posts on Latest Deals and a Facebook Bargain Group, for example, but I've seen some of my HUKD posts do the same, so it happens to anyone!). But that's the nature of the internet, sadly.

Someone makes money out of every post people create, and that's HUKD (Pepper)!

Ultimately this site is a business designed to make profit from the free work of others, so I have no issue really with people using it to buy and then sell on. My only caution would be whenever I see people doing it (or claiming to do it), the margins seem almost non-existent when you think about the whole process of buying/selling/listing Etc.
HottyHotty16/03/2020 15:56

Someone makes money out of every post people create, and that's HUKD …Someone makes money out of every post people create, and that's HUKD (Pepper)!

Yes, I'm aware of this I get a lot out of HUKD - it's a mine of great information and helpful members (if you ignore the amateur comedians or members being nasty for Likes), so, for me, I think it's a worthwhile.
I don't like it but is it really that different to companies as they buy stock up and mark it up and sell it.
louiselouise16/03/2020 16:00

Yes, I'm aware of this I get a lot out of HUKD - it's a mine of great …Yes, I'm aware of this I get a lot out of HUKD - it's a mine of great information and helpful members (if you ignore the amateur comedians or members being nasty for Likes), so, for me, I think it's a worthwhile.

Surely you like amateur comedians as they do it for free, it's the professionals that charge ££££ you should have a problem with.
m1keyp1key16/03/2020 16:03

Surely you like amateur comedians as they do it for free, it's the …Surely you like amateur comedians as they do it for free, it's the professionals that charge ££££ you should have a problem with.

I didn't say I had a problem with either, actually
louiselouise16/03/2020 16:04

I didn't say I had a problem with either, actually

You didnt say anything actually, you typed it
m1keyp1key16/03/2020 16:07

You didnt say anything actually, you typed it

I appreciate you're trying to be "funny" but we are getting into pedantic territory.
louiselouise16/03/2020 16:10

I appreciate you're trying to be "funny" but we are getting into pedantic …I appreciate you're trying to be "funny" but we are getting into pedantic territory.

I wasn't in that response actually. I was deliberately being pedantic because i thought you were in your previous comment.

If you ignore someone than i believe that means you have a problem with them.
m1keyp1key16/03/2020 16:15

I wasn't in that response actually. I was deliberately being pedantic …I wasn't in that response actually. I was deliberately being pedantic because i thought you were in your previous comment. If you ignore someone than i believe that means you have a problem with them.

I'm not sure where you're going with this, but let's leave it there.
louiselouise16/03/2020 16:16

I'm not sure where you're going with this, but let's leave it there.

Nowhere, i was just about to edit my post to say i was moving on and going to let you have the last word
I really don’t care
Who cares? Money doesn’t. Neither should you
its luck. i consider it a bonus if im lucky enough to nab a good deal .. but if i miss out cos someone bought 30 odd.. so what? first come first serve. ive not lost out cos i didnt have any of it (to lose) in the first place. golden rule; you snooze you lose.

live and let live.
DragonX16/03/2020 16:22

Who cares? Money doesn’t. Neither should you

Exactly, the people that buy to sell and benefit from a discount on an economic level are being savvy - don’t see anything wrong with that.
Ofcourse benefiting from a global crisis like buying hand sanitisers to sell at a profit is a bit naughty but that’s business.

When Apple buy components, pay cheap labour and increase their cost price by 10,000% to make huge sums isn’t questioned.. society gone mad
Really? How do you think shops function? Supply and demand.
nrackham7616/03/2020 20:04

Exactly, the people that buy to sell and benefit from a discount on an …Exactly, the people that buy to sell and benefit from a discount on an economic level are being savvy - don’t see anything wrong with that.Ofcourse benefiting from a global crisis like buying hand sanitisers to sell at a profit is a bit naughty but that’s business. When Apple buy components, pay cheap labour and increase their cost price by 10,000% to make huge sums isn’t questioned.. society gone mad

Indeed. The societal hypocrisy is unreal. That's why not giving a crap about society or their standards is the best thing to do
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants