Ebay sellers can refund to remove negative feedback?

Found 2nd Apr
So I bought an item from a "top" ebay seller, thousands of feedback with 99.9% rating. The item and the seller were rubbish so I left negative feedback. There were 8 negative feedback in a row including mine after I had left my feedback last night. This morning I received an automated ebay message saying I had been refunded. I checked the sellers feedback and all those negative reviews had disappeared. First time I have seen this, is it a new practice or has it always existed? I have had refunds issued before but my feedback has remained. Clearly it is a way for the seller to preserve their high rating but it seems a bit fishy of a practice.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Top business sellers have more chance of getting negative feedback removed. The reason ebay likes to keep those sellers happy.
Did the other buyers pay? You won't ever know.

Feedback for non payers is easy to remove, feedback for policy is slightly more difficult but not impossible to remove.
I've had offers in the past from sellers who asked me to remove neutral feedback if they refunded me for an item I wasn't completely happy with.. Personally I didn't accept the offer as it gives future buyers less info, but I suspect a lot of people would agree to remove feedback if the price was right for them .
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 2nd Apr
I left negative feedback recently to seller, was threatened with violence, usb being sent to my house n packages of heroin!!!! NICE
Did you ever contact the seller after receiving your item as in email, if you didn't then seller can get it removed as you didn't give them a chance to sort your issue out, if you did your feedback must have been construed as defamatory. Also China sellers have a very good removal rate.
Edited by: "caverncity" 2nd Apr
larrylightweight2nd Apr

Top business sellers have more chance of getting negative feedback …Top business sellers have more chance of getting negative feedback removed. The reason ebay likes to keep those sellers happy.

I have been following the seller's feedback during the last week. Every 2-3 days the negative reviews all disappear and his seller rating returns to 100%. Without this it would be around 70%.

windym2nd Apr

Did the other buyers pay? You won't ever know. Feedback for non payers …Did the other buyers pay? You won't ever know. Feedback for non payers is easy to remove, feedback for policy is slightly more difficult but not impossible to remove.

Presumably yes based on feedback being left. I paid. Reviews aren't from one off 0 star accounts. These aren't non payer, the seller is routinely removing negative feedback every few days to maintain 100% rating.

tinkerbellian2nd Apr

I've had offers in the past from sellers who asked me to remove neutral …I've had offers in the past from sellers who asked me to remove neutral feedback if they refunded me for an item I wasn't completely happy with.. Personally I didn't accept the offer as it gives future buyers less info, but I suspect a lot of people would agree to remove feedback if the price was right for them .

I would have preferred for my negative review to remain. The items he sells are low value and I don't like how he's manipulating his rating.

caverncity2nd Apr

Did you ever contact the seller after receiving your item as in email, if …Did you ever contact the seller after receiving your item as in email, if you didn't then seller can get it removed as you didn't give them a chance to sort your issue out, if you did your feedback must have been construed as defamatory. Also China sellers have a very good removal rate.

Contact over email? No. That is not recommended. I contacted over ebay and after not getting a response started a case to return, the case is still not resolved, the seller has not even responded to the case. My feedback was not defamatory, neither were any of the dozens I've seen disappear in the last week I have been monitoring. It's a UK seller, not China, but with high volume.
andre40004 m ago

I have been following the seller's feedback during the last week. Every …I have been following the seller's feedback during the last week. Every 2-3 days the negative reviews all disappear and his seller rating returns to 100%. Without this it would be around 70%.Presumably yes based on feedback being left. I paid. Reviews aren't from one off 0 star accounts. These aren't non payer, the seller is routinely removing negative feedback every few days to maintain 100% rating.I would have preferred for my negative review to remain. The items he sells are low value and I don't like how he's manipulating his rating.Contact over email? No. That is not recommended. I contacted over ebay and after not getting a response started a case to return, the case is still not resolved, the seller has not even responded to the case. My feedback was not defamatory, neither were any of the dozens I've seen disappear in the last week I have been monitoring. It's a UK seller, not China, but with high volume.

When I say email I actually mean using eBay's messaging so eBay can see the messages too. So reading your reply they should not have got it removed. My only one wasn't, just the comment which was defamatory and I'm a business seller top rated so not sure what's the difference with your seller
andre40004 h, 50 m ago

I have been following the seller's feedback during the last week. Every …I have been following the seller's feedback during the last week. Every 2-3 days the negative reviews all disappear and his seller rating returns to 100%. Without this it would be around 70%.Presumably yes based on feedback being left. I paid. Reviews aren't from one off 0 star accounts. These aren't non payer, the seller is routinely removing negative feedback every few days to maintain 100% rating.I would have preferred for my negative review to remain. The items he sells are low value and I don't like how he's manipulating his rating.Contact over email? No. That is not recommended. I contacted over ebay and after not getting a response started a case to return, the case is still not resolved, the seller has not even responded to the case. My feedback was not defamatory, neither were any of the dozens I've seen disappear in the last week I have been monitoring. It's a UK seller, not China, but with high volume.

He is what would likely be classed as a top rated bussiness seller he probably has an ebay shop which i think is an extra 20-30 a month as much as ebay has a private seller platform what it really wants is business sellers so it will keep those happy at the expense of removing bad feedback. No ideal for buyers because we never no how bad a seller is. Can i ask for the ebay username id like to have a look my self please.
If you contacted ebay and asked why negative or neutral feedback is disappearing when it comes to sellers like power sellers. They would just say its against their criteria but wouldn't tell you what it was. What they really mean is 'we don't want you to know the real reason: we value power sellers more than you.
I tried to leave a negative feedback one time on ebay about the quality of an item, but I was told that I could not leave a negative feedback without liaising with the sender first. I didn't bother.
larrylightweight5th Apr

He is what would likely be classed as a top rated bussiness seller he …He is what would likely be classed as a top rated bussiness seller he probably has an ebay shop which i think is an extra 20-30 a month as much as ebay has a private seller platform what it really wants is business sellers so it will keep those happy at the expense of removing bad feedback. No ideal for buyers because we never no how bad a seller is. Can i ask for the ebay username id like to have a look my self please.

ebay username is techdealsuk

ebay.co.uk/usr…suk

I notice some feedback is remaining but the rating is being flipped from negative to positive. I know buyers can revise but the feedback itself remains negative but the rating goes from red to green. Anyway every few days any negatives will disappear to make it a perfect 100%. Over the 10 days or so I monitored the true rating was not even 80%.
andre40005 h, 38 m ago

ebay username is techdealsukhttps://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/techdealsukI notice …ebay username is techdealsukhttps://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/techdealsukI notice some feedback is remaining but the rating is being flipped from negative to positive. I know buyers can revise but the feedback itself remains negative but the rating goes from red to green. Anyway every few days any negatives will disappear to make it a perfect 100%. Over the 10 days or so I monitored the true rating was not even 80%.

I can see some obvious negative feedbacks turned to positive ones. Very weird.

If they truly manipulate feedbacks like that what's the point of leaving feedbacks? eBay should get some grief about this.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants