Groups

Ebay sellers of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.

Has anyone ever purchased either of the above from an Ebay seller?
    They seem to have them at silly prices (just like the Microsoft Office license keys) and was interested to know whether they actually work.
    I know there's a whole debate about the ethics of purchasing software keys from Ebay but i'm skint at the moment and can't justify a couple of hundred pounds just to design a few on off leaflets!

15 Comments

I got CS6 off pirate bay works fine

Original Poster

HammerTime10

I got CS6 off pirate bay works fine

Any particular seller?

Seller? it's torrent. comes with a patch/crack.

Original Poster

I thought you meant a software license from Ebay.
    You'll have to forgive me, i'm old and stupid!

I personally wouldn't do it! Just get the 30 day trial direct from Adobe?
    What they are probably selling is the info on how to crack it not an actual license, as in crack the trial so it continues to run

if you are only designing leaflets lots of freeware that works well if your have MS office Puplisher is good or google picaso for basic editing pictures. In fact I purchased an MS office 365 key for 5 machines off ebay worked fine updated all mine includes publisher about £20

it's normally a modified .dll

But yea if you need it for one project use the 30 day trial

I would second what somebody said about using Microsoft Publisher for leaflet design.

Original Poster

zeberdys

if you are only designing leaflets lots of freeware that works well if … if you are only designing leaflets lots of freeware that works well if your have MS office Puplisher is good or google picaso for basic editing pictures. In fact I purchased an MS office 365 key for 5 machines off ebay worked fine updated all mine includes publisher about £20

I would normally use MS Publisher, but in the later versions you cannot create/save cmyk files, this was the only reason i used it previously, but now there's no point in me using it even though i have the 2016 version.

Why not buy software that's within your price range instead of trying to get a dodgy deal on an expensive one? There are plenty of good bitmap options, adobe even offer a Photoshop Elements version for £60 that's very similar but drops some of the exotic features.

I believe there are fewer alternatives to Illustrator, but there are still several to choose from.

I bought Affinity photo editing software when it was on offer a while ago, but it's still less than £40.

It may not be for the very top end photo editing studios, but it seems a lot more advanced than anything I'll ever need to do.

It's available here: affinity.serif.com/en-…to/

Try using GIMP first, it's completely free and does pretty much everything photoshop can do.

I've purchased a quite a few keys from eBay with mixed results. From what I remember:
    Of 4 Windows keys; 1 didn't work and 2 stopped working after a year.
    Of 3 Avira keys; 1 didn't work and 1 stopped working after a few days.
    A FL Studio key; I was sent a cracked version of the software (possibly virus infected) along with an old blacklisted key.
    A Song Vegas Pro key; I was sent a cracked version of the software (possibly virus infected) along with an old blacklisted key.

I bet if you purchasing Photoshop off eBay you'll receive a cracked version of the software as well as a blacklisted key too. If this is the case and you're not concerned about getting a virus you might as well just pirate the software yourself.

I'd be happy help you obtain both pieces of software and get them working though, using only official downloads links from Adobe if you wish. Just give me a PM!

Edited by: "Turret" 20th Jun

You can "rent" Ps and Lr for about £10/month from Adobe.
    It's part of the Creative Cloud scheme.
    creative.adobe.com/pla…=gb

If you need to use Layers in your workflow, just use Ps and avoid the other free ones.
    I didn't think they allow you to use Layers.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians78
      2. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1218
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671414
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424614496

See more discussions