eBay sellers sending from Ireland

Found 7th Jan
I've bought something off eBay that needs returning as it's faulty. In the "Delivery from:" section, it was listed as sending from Ireland. However the return address I've received is an office in China. Is this legal? Can I refuse to return it to China, because the main reason I paid a few quid extra for the item was because it said it was coming from Ireland, rather than China.

thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Open an eBay dispute, they can’t do that and it’s in the Ebay buyer guarantee. They will refund you as they have to provide an address equivalent to their location advertised

When an item isn’t returned to the seller

In some cases, we may not require that an item be returned to the seller. In these situations we refund the buyer and may seek to reimbursement from the seller if, for example:

• The seller chooses not to accept a return request or provide or fund a return postage label.

• The item location was misrepresented.

• It’s hazardous to post the item back.

• The item no longer has a value, for example products with an expiration date.”

there was a thread about this subject recently

hotukdeals.com/dis…612

i would be interested to know the answer to this question myself.

as above reply, whether 'delivery from location' being different to return location is interpreted by ebay as 'misrepresentation of the item location'.
Thank you for the replies. @mutley1, I've just gone through PayPal, and they've sent me an instant refund, no questions asked. Think the seller knew he was in the wrong, so accepted PayPal's terms.
anthony2127 h, 0 m ago

Thank you for the replies. @mutley1, I've just gone through PayPal, and …Thank you for the replies. @mutley1, I've just gone through PayPal, and they've sent me an instant refund, no questions asked. Think the seller knew he was in the wrong, so accepted PayPal's terms.

Quite likely the seller doesn't realise 'he' has refunded you - PayPal will let him know later
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions