Ebay selling an item

Posted 7th Jun
Hi folks,I'm sellling an item on Ebay and somebody has asked if he wins the auction can I send it on 24 hour post,my auction is set up for 2nd class post,so I'm wondering can I change it at the end after the auction has finished if he wins and increase the postage charge?I'm not sure if this is possible
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
1st Class is not a 24 hour delivery service at the moment.
Edited by: "britlad" 7th Jun
21 Comments
Can you not edit the listing to include option for 1st class?
Or keep the current postage option and add another one? Customer then chooses.
No way to change/add after a listing is complete though.
What’s the price difference?
Depending on how much the item goes for, perhaps just suck the extra postage up as a gesture of goodwill, positive feedback is invaluable.
1st Class is not a 24 hour delivery service at the moment.
Edited by: "britlad" 7th Jun
you can still edit some aspects of the listings even if it has bids on it.
or you can send the buyer a separate invoice later.
If item sell for over £50 upgrade him for free as first class only covers £49.99 I think.
Or edit listing and add Special delivery 24 hour.
But make sure he states which day he wants it.
bigwheels07/06/2020 12:39

If item sell for over £50 upgrade him for free as first class only covers …If item sell for over £50 upgrade him for free as first class only covers £49.99 I think.Or edit listing and add Special delivery 24 hour.But make sure he states which day he wants it.

First class covers £20, signed for raises this to £50 and special delivery is £500.
bozo00707/06/2020 12:42

First class covers £20, signed for raises this to £50 and special delivery …First class covers £20, signed for raises this to £50 and special delivery is £500.

Special is upto £2500 if you pay extra but not sure as dont have the booklet to hand.
Yes £2500.
royalmail.com/sen…1pm
Edited by: "bigwheels" 7th Jun
Thanks folks,I added another delivery service on the listing
Um, is this item a "high risk" item? Phone, tablet, laptop, voucher? Some scammers like to have their wares sent super fast before the scam gets revealed.
splatsplatsplat07/06/2020 12:50

Um, is this item a "high risk" item? Phone, tablet, laptop, voucher? Some …Um, is this item a "high risk" item? Phone, tablet, laptop, voucher? Some scammers like to have their wares sent super fast before the scam gets revealed.

Hi no it was a face mask,and I think somebody was in a panic,I'm not selling to make a profit,just get some of my money back as I bought it on a buy it now before they stopped price gouging and I paid a very high price for it,which I regret
I've seen even special delivery guaranteed before 9am\1pm next day often taking a week to get there at the moment.
Uridium07/06/2020 13:21

I've seen even special delivery guaranteed before 9am\1pm next day often …I've seen even special delivery guaranteed before 9am\1pm next day often taking a week to get there at the moment.

Yes - exactly this. OP when you message the buyer saying you’ve updated this listing,,,,,just make sure that your message contains something along the lines of ‘I will endeavour to dispatch item immediately, however 24 hour postage cannot be guaranteed etc....’ might cover you if they have buyers remorse and ask for a refund if not received in time.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 7th Jun
Toptrumpet07/06/2020 13:25

Yes - exactly this. OP when you message the buyer saying you’ve updated t …Yes - exactly this. OP when you message the buyer saying you’ve updated this listing,,,,,just make sure that your message contains something along the lines of ‘I will do endeavour to dispatch item immediately, however 24 hour postage cannot be guaranteed etc....’ might cover you if they have buyers remorse and ask for a refund if not received in time.

^^ this.
The guy that wants it is a UK doctor on a covid ward in Quatar and he now wants to arrange collection via a courier to send to quatar,he has asked me for a buy it now price so I can send it to him asap,that would mean cancelling my auction which is a bit unfair on the other people but it would be nice to help him,as he says they have run out of ppe
He was going to get it sent to his brother in the Uk and then have it sent to Quatar but has asked me to send it to him if he arranges the courier and I print the labels.
Has anyone got any thoughts on this,he has asked other people but he said he couldn't find anyone that wanted to help

I'm just going to let the auction run as other people have invested their time placing bids,and he can still bid if he likes
Edited by: "Maxim7750" 7th Jun
Maxim775007/06/2020 16:12

The guy that wants it is a UK doctor on a covid ward in Quatar and he now …The guy that wants it is a UK doctor on a covid ward in Quatar and he now wants to arrange collection via a courier to send to quatar,he has asked me for a buy it now price so I can send it to him asap,that would mean cancelling my auction which is a bit unfair on the other people but it would be nice to help him,as he says they have run out of ppeHe was going to get it sent to his brother in the Uk and then have it sent to Quatar but has asked me to send it to him if he arranges the courier and I print the labels.Has anyone got any thoughts on this,he has asked other people but he said he couldn't find anyone that wanted to help

ask him to message you on linkedin
Maxim775007/06/2020 16:12

The guy that wants it is a UK doctor on a covid ward in Quatar and he now …The guy that wants it is a UK doctor on a covid ward in Quatar and he now wants to arrange collection via a courier to send to quatar,he has asked me for a buy it now price so I can send it to him asap,that would mean cancelling my auction which is a bit unfair on the other people but it would be nice to help him,as he says they have run out of ppeHe was going to get it sent to his brother in the Uk and then have it sent to Quatar but has asked me to send it to him if he arranges the courier and I print the labels.Has anyone got any thoughts on this,he has asked other people but he said he couldn't find anyone that wanted to helpI'm just going to let the auction run as other people have invested their time placing bids,and he can still bid if he likes

If he is in 'Quatar' ask him why he can't spell Qatar.
Edited by: "joyf4536" 7th Jun
joyf453607/06/2020 16:23

If he is in 'Quatar' ask him why he can't spell Qatar.

That was my spelling sorry,I stand corrected
I wonder how this works with Ebay though if it goes wrong the guy could say his courier hasn't delivered it and I would be out of pocket having to give a refund?
Edited by: "Maxim7750" 7th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants