Ebay Selling, buyer has 0 rating?

Found 19th Nov 2006
Hi,

I'm selling a ps2 on ebay, and I've put in my listing anyone under 5 rating to contact before bidding. We've got a bid from a guy with 0 - anyone give advise?

I stated No returns, because of all the scams, payment is via paypal unless collecting

Can anyone give me any advice as I fairly new to selling electronics on ebay

should I send this guy a message and if so what should I check?

thanks in advance

14 Comments

Just cancel the bid if you want, you stated in the description that they need to contact you first so you have every right to cancel.

offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/…how

(this is assuming the auction didn't end with them winning, then it's a different kettle of fish)

Have a look at this:-
http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31224
It was two posts above yours :giggle:

Try looking here:
http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31224&highlight=dinosteveus

Snap Dambuster! :thumbsup:

Strange, we had different links but they both went to the same place

Original Poster

would you cancel the bid? seems extreme, got til 9am tomorrow b4 the bidding ends, should I contact this guy? but what do i say

We all had to start off at zero on ebay folks, don't be so hasty.

Like you, I'd have put in the listings for all less than 5 to contact me 1st, and when i have done this, aside from the really annoying scammers, folks have done so.

You've done this, and if they have bid and not contacted you, cancel the bid, contact them and tell them why you have done so, or politely point out the fact you have said

Indeed, everyone starts at 0, i highly recommended alot of commication with such bidders, they may need some hand holding ensure they know how to pay, will be in for delivery etc.

you always have the option to do second chance offers to other bidders.

The thing is...the listing says that if they have less than a 5 score they should contact first and they didn't do so. I don't think it's fair to write off all new people as scammers and idiots, but if they ignore an instruction that gives me just cause to think they are a scammer or an idiot.

I would definitely cancel the bid, explain why if they bother to contact me but just forget about it if not.

Starlet

The thing is...the listing says that if they have less than a 5 score … The thing is...the listing says that if they have less than a 5 score they should contact first and they didn't do so. I don't think it's fair to write off all new people as scammers and idiots, but if they ignore an instruction that gives me just cause to think they are a scammer or an idiot.

Last I checked idiots have money too.

As the others said, everyone starts at zero, what are they supposed to do, buy 37 ebooks for some feedback just so they can buy something they want?

Just make sure you have yourself covered, buyers can't do anything to you that you don't let them do.

I'm quite sure there are plenty of ps2s on eBay that someone with less than 5 feedback is allowed to bid on/win.

Original Poster

i've contacted the guy, to give him a chance is no response I've got an hour will cancel the bid - we'll see and hope he contacts!

Update
Well he didnt and then nearly five minutes after got another bid from someone with 0 bids, so sent them the same message and didnt hear from them, so I took it if they were genuine they would have contacted - anyway worked out in the end, someone local with over 100+ feedback bid and got it...so relieved! lets see how it works out

You shouldn't be too worried - what can a buyer do? As long as you post the item recorded delivery, and have good feedback on ebay, Paypal will stick by you.
I just sold a bike seat for £37 inc p&p to someone with 0 rating and all went well - just received their payment and posted the item.
If the bidder does not pay, then file a non-paying bidder request to ebay, then use the second chance offer to offer it to the next person.

Its probably quite traumatic for a first time ebayer, as they probably have no idea what they are doing - i certainly remember nervously making my first purchase!

Hope your transaction goes well!

I hate using ebay just for the reaction so many people have to those with low feedback. I've bought 2 items and had a bad experience with the second, and didn't want to leave feedback and get a negative in retaliation, so I only have 1 feedback. This doesn't mean I know nothing about online trading or ebay, I just generally have no desire to buy anything there. Of course, even when I had bids in, I didn't check ebay every day, so a message could probably have sat several days without me noticing.

Everyone has to start from somewhere ;).
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mens sketchers shoes, glitch £17,110.71 delivered at Amazon34
    2. Mobile Phone Unlocking Guide11
    3. CCTV to be introduced in all slaughterhouses in England in 20182282
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread434514915

See more discussions