Found 21st Dec 2009
I'm selling some items on eBay. I said that I would accept payment by paypal and deliver using frst class.

Someone's just won my item and said over the phone they want to come collect it. I said pay me by Paypal and then you can and they have done that. Is it safe for me now to give them the item? I noticed that I don't have access to the money sent to me via paypal for 21 days.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
21 Comments

id refund em and get cash on collection tbh.

Original Poster

GentleTouch;7295704

id refund em and get cash on collection tbh.

why?

^^ then u have the money fo sure

not a good idea to use paypal when collecting as you have no prrof of delivery, they can just say that they didnt receive it! to risky

Original Poster

munaaf;7295716

^^ then u have the money fo sure

Oh right! Thats good to know. So how do I inform ebay/paypal that I've delivered it?

Original Poster

I have recorded the call, I have also sent them a message through eBay saying we agreed that they pay and collect.

did they know you were recording? you can't just phone conversations, thats illegal

plus you will not have to pay paypal fees

I can't understand why you didn't just let them come to collect it in the first place and pay when they came :?

And it doesn't matter what you have told paypal you have agreed to,if they claim non receipt you don't have a tracking number so paypal would refund

Original Poster

grabbit;7296055

I can't understand why you didn't just let them come to collect it in the … I can't understand why you didn't just let them come to collect it in the first place and pay when they came :?

Doesn't make much difference now does it.

Original Poster

grabbit;7296055

I can't understand why you didn't just let them come to collect it in the … I can't understand why you didn't just let them come to collect it in the first place and pay when they came :?And it doesn't matter what you have told paypal you have agreed to,if they claim non receipt you don't have a tracking number so paypal would refund

He's coming to collect it so don't worry. I have the call recorded, messages saved in ebay messages.

set up for a chargeback then.... refund the payment and say cash on collection.

paypal only care that you can prove delivery by tracked means (eg recorded delivery) If its a high value item don't give it out - ask for cash, otherwise you will lose every time in a paypal dispute.
Paypal is only safe for buyers and a pain for sellers in my opinion. Ask for cash and avoid pp fees too.

How much is the item worth ?

The End;7296088

He's coming to collect it so don't worry. I have the call recorded, … He's coming to collect it so don't worry. I have the call recorded, messages saved in ebay messages.

Will be worth jack where paypal are concerned.

Plus the money is on hold until they leave feedback ! Cash on collection was perfect for you for this sale

storysacks;7295822

did they know you were recording? you can't just phone conversations, … did they know you were recording? you can't just phone conversations, thats illegal

No, it's not.

How much are you talking ?

Original Poster

grabbit;7296419

Plus the money is on hold until they leave feedback ! Cash on collection … Plus the money is on hold until they leave feedback ! Cash on collection was perfect for you for this sale

I contacted them and when they come to collect it, they will log-in to my pc and leave feedback. Thanks.

just call back and explain the situation. can't be hard, and im sure the buyer will oblige.

lol, why ask the question if when you are told the answers you dont want to listen.... reminds me of my wife grrrrr....
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29313897
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769654
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247679
    4. Money Saving Tips...2341

See more discussions