Ebay - Shipping items abroad

15 replies
Found 7th Nov 2010
Hi,

Has anyone had any experience of sending items, abroad. I'm selling red dead on Ebay and I've been asked if I will send it to Brazil.

Is tracking neccesary? What postal service should i use?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

Don't do it!

I have sold many games all across the world from time to time. I used Royal Mail Small Packets - it does not cost much £1.90 at most. So far there have been no issues, all items have reached within 4 or 5 days. Also this service is not tracked or recorded etc. I have also sent one game to brazil with no problems.

Hope this helps.

Original Poster

linuxlinks

My advice is not to send it abroad.

Is that beacuse of the risk of it going walkies? have you sent anything abroad before and had problems?

I sell on Ebay and send abroad a lot. You definitely need tracking and I recommend Royal Mail Airsure

sold on ebay for many many years, worldwide isnt a problem

Original Poster

thesummerof69

I sell on Ebay and send abroad a lot. You definitely need tracking and I … I sell on Ebay and send abroad a lot. You definitely need tracking and I recommend Royal Mail Airsure

Airsure will cost just over a tenner not sure its really worth it for him.

Original Poster

mighty mugger

I have sold many games all across the world from time to time. I used … I have sold many games all across the world from time to time. I used Royal Mail Small Packets - it does not cost much £1.90 at most. So far there have been no issues, all items have reached within 4 or 5 days. Also this service is not tracked or recorded etc. I have also sent one game to brazil with no problems. Hope this helps.

He has brought items from the UK as well looking at his feedback, so he looks ok. thanks for your help

you cant airsure to brazil anyway

Original Poster

pinkleponkle

you cant airsure to brazil anyway

according to royal mail you can, costs £10.51

anyone got any ideas how much it would cost to post an N64 game to australia? ill probably need to know and add the subsequents charges to the completed listing

not worth it matey....dont do it. I used to sell stuff all over europe but so much went 'missing' it just wasnt worth it anymore.

i used to send abroad, last few years have got terrible, dont do it

Sent various things abroad with no problems to be honest though some books took weeks to arrive to the US. Depends on the buyer i.e. his feedback etc. Tell him you will only send it signed for if you're a bit unsure. That way you can track it. Add a bit on for your trouble too (_;)

Banned

anything via RM is only tracked in the uk not once it leaves, if it doesnt arrive then paypal will side with the buyer as you will be unable to show proof they have received it

Want negative feedback, want ebay/paypal on your back go ahead. Want a nice smooth transaction sell it within the uk.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769408
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…47104
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604807
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322860

See more discussions