Ebay Shipping to Malta Costs

Found 4th Nov 2011
I recently had two people ask me the same question about how much it will cost to ship to Malta and one of them said they will buy all of my 40 items I have on there. But was a little suspicious until they replied saying they only want 6 items when I told how much it will cost to ship.

The items are about 2KG 20cm by 25cm by 30cm and the cheapest I found to send one item would be £30 through WPS Worldwide Express (TNT).

If I ship 2 items together it will cost £42, if I ship 3 items together it will cost £67 and if I ship 4 together it will cost £116. So it will be cheaper to send 2 together.

Not too sure if there are any cheaper ways to ship through air mail or even worth to send.

Cheers
Community Updates
MiscMalta
11 Comments
royal mail?
Try Parcel2go.com they are easy to use and i have found them cheap for overseas shipping.
didnt think they sent items that weigh more than 1kg but just looked again and it says:

Note: the maximum weight is 2kg, apart from books and pamphlets where the max weight is 5kg.

Maximum size: Length, width and depth combined must not be greater than - 900mm. The greatest single dimension must not exceed - 600mm

and the costs are £2.54 for 300g plus every 100g more add 55p so would cost £2.54 + (55p*17) = £11.89.

Cheers thought that Royal Mail was a rip off. Not too sure if I can send more than 1 together
OINKFACTOR

Try Parcel2go.com they are easy to use and i have found them cheap for … Try Parcel2go.com they are easy to use and i have found them cheap for overseas shipping.

Had a look on their and saw it was a little more expensive than worldwide-parcelservices. Cheers
I wouldn't do it.
What will probably happen is that the tracking won't work, so with no signature then you will lose a paypal dispute.
Even if you sent it RM international signed for you cannot track it beyond the UK and they cannot guarantee a signature.
Stay well clear imo.
agree with above tbh

i used to sell worldwide on ebay but it brings far to much hassle for a potential few extra quid
I've been an eBay seller for several years (100% positive feedback) and I would agree with the above - it sounds like more trouble than it's worth.
I used to ship overseas but now specify UK only.
If you must send abroad look out for the following;
*Does the potential buyer have a good feedback rating and, if so, is feedback left for a variety of items over a period of time? (Not for a whole load of cheapie items in a very short space of time).
*Would your items be readily available in their own country? (If so, why would they be buying from you?).
*Is tracking available in their country? If not, you may have to refund if they say they did not receive the item/s, even if they did get them.

I would be suspicious of getting 2 queries from different buyers in the same country, too. If you must send then remember, no matter if in the UK or abroad, only ever send to the address on file with eBay as you would lose seller protection if you send to another address. In future listings you can choose to block buyers from other countries if you choose.

Good luck!
rereading what you have put again lol

http://www.thepackagedeliverycompany.co.uk/quote.html

i use this they use DHL express...door to door tracked. 10k is £18 20k is £22.50

I have used them quite a few times now and they have been excellent. In all but one occasion next day delivery to Hungary and once it was thursday i sent and they got it monday.

Re selling abroad i have done it mant times..depends on the value of the items really x
Edited by: "plumberman01" 5th Nov 2011
plumberman01

rereading what you have put again … rereading what you have put again lolhttp://www.thepackagedeliverycompany.co.uk/quote.htmli use this they use DHL express...door to door tracked. 10k is £18 20k is £22.50I have used them quite a few times now and they have been excellent. In all but one occasion next day delivery to Hungary and once it was thursday i sent and they got it monday.Re selling abroad i have done it mant times..depends on the value of the items really x

Thanks all.

thepackagedeliverycompany seems to be the cheapest as if I sent 4 or 5 at a time it would still only cost £18. Thanks

The items are from £20 - £40 and they are Lemax Village Collection for Christmas so not sure if they sell them in Malta. I also checked there account and they have bought different items over a period of time. I also had a chat with ebay to make sure I would be covered:

Isabelle Valentez
Welcome to Live Help, my name is Isabelle. How may I be of assistance?

hihappybidding
Hi

hihappybidding
What would happen if the user is from Malta and they had paid through paypal and I had sent the item with a tracker and they refused to sign for the item? Or if the other person says they never got the item and the tracker says that they have?

Isabelle Valentez
While I am pulling up your account, is there anything else you would like me to look into for you?

hihappybidding
dont think so.

Isabelle Valentez
if the buyer refuses to sign for the item then you may first get in touch with the buyer and ask for the reason, if they are not responding then you may fiel the unpaid item case for the item.

hihappybidding
would I still have to pay for the shipping if I get the item back?

Isabelle Valentez
yes, but when the unpaid item case will be closed you will get the final value fees credited back for this item.

hihappybidding
So if I do what I had said and if I send to the address on their account I am covered?

Isabelle Valentez
yes, you should use the recorded delivery with th etracking number with you as the proof that you sent the item.

hihappybidding
Ok thanks I will do that. Bye
noddle36

Thanks all.thepackagedeliverycompany seems to be the cheapest as if I … Thanks all.thepackagedeliverycompany seems to be the cheapest as if I sent 4 or 5 at a time it would still only cost £18. ThanksThe items are from £20 - £40 and they are Lemax Village Collection for Christmas so not sure if they sell them in Malta. I also checked there account and they have bought different items over a period of time. I also had a chat with ebay to make sure I would be covered:Isabelle ValentezWelcome to Live Help, my name is Isabelle. How may I be of assistance?hihappybiddingHihihappybiddingWhat would happen if the user is from Malta and they had paid through paypal and I had sent the item with a tracker and they refused to sign for the item? Or if the other person says they never got the item and the tracker says that they have? Isabelle ValentezWhile I am pulling up your account, is there anything else you would like me to look into for you? hihappybiddingdont think so.Isabelle Valentezif the buyer refuses to sign for the item then you may first get in touch with the buyer and ask for the reason, if they are not responding then you may fiel the unpaid item case for the item.hihappybiddingwould I still have to pay for the shipping if I get the item back?Isabelle Valentezyes, but when the unpaid item case will be closed you will get the final value fees credited back for this item.hihappybiddingSo if I do what I had said and if I send to the address on their account I am covered?Isabelle Valentezyes, you should use the recorded delivery with th etracking number with you as the proof that you sent the item.hihappybiddingOk thanks I will do that. Bye

looking at what you're selling i imagine there isnt a big fraud chance tbh..i would sell them. I have 1500 positive feedback and have sold quite a bit to Europe and asia and never a problem, but i have sold kids items mainly..prams and things too.
You will prob find they cant get them or they are a lot more expensive there. If you ship 5 first and see how you go? I would charge a little extra postage too as you will need to add extra insurance.
Thanks thats what I thought that there might be more expensive over in Malta or hard to get. So I will go ahead with it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants