eBay Shuttl parcel missing - can it be tracked?

Posted 24th Jun
I sent a small parcel via eBay Shuttl (eBay's online printed postage service). There's a tracking number and *most* parcels show as delivered but not all. This one hasn't tracked as being delivered and the buyer has opened a dispute. Can I ring Royal Mail and ask for the last known location of the parcel or would I be wasting my time? It's NOT the same as the tracking given for signed for/special delivery etc.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I didn’t think eBay used Shutl anymore, thought it was Packlink
deleted11933
You can definitely ring and ask them. Then you will know the answer What does the tracking say? Did you try it at trackitonline
RamsMax24/06/2020 14:10

I didn’t think eBay used Shutl anymore, thought it was Packlink

No idea tbh, I'm just a private seller and gave up trying to keep up with eBay's ridiculous policy-changes years ago.
deleted1193324/06/2020 14:15

You can definitely ring and ask them. Then you will know the answer You can definitely ring and ask them. Then you will know the answer What does the tracking say? Did you try it at trackitonline

I have just phoned them. The agent said as it was sent by 2nd class it can't be tracked unless it is delivered. If not delivered on or by this Saturday to put in a claim for lost mail. Not an expensive item but still annoying for the buyer and myself.
claim in 10 working days after the estimated delivery date (if you do it before, your claim won't go through on RM website)
hold fire on refund as long as you can.
but do inform the buyer of the situation as atm a lot of parcels are delayed. i even had UPS 1 day arrive after 3-4, never happened before.
Edited by: "AMaky" 24th Jun
Thankfully the buyer has closed the request saying it arrived this afternoon. The tracking doesn't state that it has been delivered yet so I am grateful for her honesty.
Royal Mail are so hit and miss at the moment, it’s becoming incredibly frustrating and time consuming- had one item take nearly 2 weeks to show up where others have arrived next day- their tracking also seems to of fallen off a cliff
Although Royal Mail are a bit hit and miss, their claims service is easy and straight forward, got both cheques for 2 missing parcels. Still waiting on UPS to do the same
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants