Groups

Ebay slow?

Is it just me or has eBay been impossibly slow for over a week now? Regular browsing is ok, but anything account specific such as reading/sending messages, editing listings or printing shipping labels is taking ages, I'm talking minutes, for the page to load. I've tried Chrome and Firefox, both the same.

16 Comments

Original Poster

http://s4.postimg.org/qdglorjkt/screenshot_2838.png

I feel your pain. However spare a thought for me using a 2nd gen Moto G as a temporary replacement for my S6 edge (which I hated due to battery life). Now I realise how much I prefer speed/performance to battery life.

Yeah it's slow here too

Using chrome had the same issue, downloaded adblocker from the chrome store for free and all is good now

Original Poster

jakethebeagles

Using chrome had the same issue, downloaded adblocker from the chrome … Using chrome had the same issue, downloaded adblocker from the chrome store for free and all is good now

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/032010/1269259657_omg_cat.gif

Your post reminded me that I had disabled my adblocker for a Quidco purchase last week, and hadn't reinstated it. I just have, and it's fine again now X)

Thanks a lot for taking the time to comment, you don't know how annoyed I was getting X)

Are you on Virgin Media by any chance? Try using a non Virgin connection to the internet... hotspot or next doors wifi etc..

Should mention also, the the reason is that I spoke to Ebay today and they said lots of people on Virgin Media had this issue but no one else ...

Original Poster

starsi360

Are you on Virgin Media by any chance? Try using a non Virgin connection … Are you on Virgin Media by any chance? Try using a non Virgin connection to the internet... hotspot or next doors wifi etc..

It's fixed now, but thanks anyway

Original Poster

starsi360

Should mention also, the the reason is that I spoke to Ebay today and … Should mention also, the the reason is that I spoke to Ebay today and they said lots of people on Virgin Media had this issue but no one else ...

Yeah, so jakes top tip could be the answer for everyone.

No problem. Although for me, my eBay will be fine for a couple of minutes, then suddenly go slow again, so don't count your chickens! ( not trying to tempt fate... ) it may be coincidence!
    Hopefully not though, and you're all good

Original Poster

starsi360

No problem. Although for me, my eBay will be fine for a couple of … No problem. Although for me, my eBay will be fine for a couple of minutes, then suddenly go slow again, so don't count your chickens! ( not trying to tempt fate... ) it may be coincidence! Hopefully not though, and you're all good

I keep going back to try it, it's all good for now. Fingers crossed. X)

Old people and internet

mines fast on s5

same problem - using Mozilla now - chrome seems to have problems

Original Poster

bracey100

mines fast on s5

Ah, sorry. I was referring to Chrome on laptop.

deeky

Ah, sorry. I was referring to Chrome on laptop.

​ok pal
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927344
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      4. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917

See more discussions