Ebay suspended my account over suspicious activity

Posted 8th Sep 2021
I listed some Halloween stickers to sell for around £2 each.
After 2 days they took my listing down as it suspicious and permanently suspended my account over suspicious activity.

Just to note that nobody purchased anything off me.

I bought from a few other sellers and got the items and was left positive feedback.

Spoke with customer service via chat and they just copied and pasted a generic response.

They don't give a about wanting to help and just fob you off with 🐂 .

Don't know why I wanted to post it but its HUKD and I wanted to have a little rant.

Goodnight.
Community Updates
New Comment
8 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Not sure why Hallowe'en stickers would be deemed suspicious activity? Was it because of counterfeit/unapproved items suspicions?

Logging in to Paypal with a VPN locks you out/limits your account automatically, was there any reason ebay might have thought someone else was using your account?

There is a good ebay and paypal suspensions forum out there (aspkin) that might help, but I think more background is needed. I'm leery about those on there selling "clean" ebay/paypal accounts for a fee, though, so avoid that aspect.
    Edited by: "louiselouise" 8th Sep
  2. Avatar
    Ring them tomorrow
  3. Avatar
    Definitely speak to someone on the telephone. The Indian online help centre sometimes appear to lack common sense, but that's because they're glued to a script. I managed to confuse one by replying with their generic response before they'd written it to me. He did laugh at that one.
  4. Avatar
    Maybe they thought you was a Vampire
  5. Avatar
    Are you able to open a new account?
  6. Avatar
    Sounds spooky to me
  7. Avatar
    They did that to me the other day , thing is never sold anything and used few months back to order some small items .
    First got 2 emails with the last purchase items that my bids where cancelled even thou I received the items months ago then third email was account suspend
    Edited by: "milkshake22" 9th Sep
  8. Avatar
    Author
    They were just plain text stickers written in Orange and Black colours which I made myself so no copyright issues.

I spoke with them and they said they will not changing their decision and "your business model" doesn't adhere to ebay community guidelines or something like that.
    Lol business model for a few spare stickers.

I am not gonna bother with selling anything on there. If I ever need to buy something I will open a new account or check out as guest if they allow it.
Post a comment
Top Merchants