Groups

Ebay Transaction/10% voucher code after the seller has refunded me????

Hi,

just i bought a laptop on ebay,i got a 10% voucher code,i used it for the transaction after 2 days the seller sent me a messaging saying that the laptop faulty!! and he refunded me.

now can i re use the same voucher code or i should contact ebay??

Thanks

15 Comments

Banned

Hmmm sounds like hes pulling a fast one, id email ebay about it if i were you

Original Poster

this is his message :

XXX,

Early this morning I tried switching on the laptop and it did not switch on. Now i've reported the fault with Dell and they've insured me that it will be repaired within the week. It is due to a faulty power supply unit within the laptop.
    Now I can offer you you're money back. Is that ok? Apologies for the problems.

Banned

Well it says 'used' in the condition box, but then 'This is a brand new in packaging' in the description.

Sounds dodgy to me, why would he have tried turning it on when he new it should all be in working order anyway?

I think hes lying because of the code, message him and ebay. Also watch out if he relists it

As the initial transaction has been cancelled I see no reason why the code should not still be valid. It can't do any harm to send a message to E-Bay to verify.

Wow........They can be 100% specific of what the problem is over the phone at Dell now. :lol:

Could be a multitude of things why it won't power on..........he's just taking the mick. Probably didn't get what he wanted for it.

Why would the seller be bothered about the use of a code? I'm assuming it was issued by ebay? Then ebay pay the difference when the code's used??

why do you all think the seller cancelled because of the 10% code? he doesn't lose the money, ebay and paypal take the hit

caraluvskittens;4331289

Well it says 'used' in the condition box, but then 'This is a brand new … Well it says 'used' in the condition box, but then 'This is a brand new in packaging' in the description.Sounds dodgy to me, why would he have tried turning it on when he new it should all be in working order anyway?I think hes lying because of the code, message him and ebay. Also watch out if he relists it

The 10% code is between the buyer, E-Bay and Paypal. It is not a 10% reduction to the seller, he would not know that a code has been used. He would still get the full amount that the item sold for. Perhaps he is being honest and the laptop power supply has failed. At the end of the day the buyer has lost nothing, I think they would have a lot more to complain about if he had shipped the laptop and it didn't work.

Banned

spenz09;4331323

why do you all think the seller cancelled because of the 10% code? he … why do you all think the seller cancelled because of the 10% code? he doesn't lose the money, ebay and paypal take the hit

Yes i know they pay the difference but maybe he doesnt know that lol

tinkerbell28;4331284

Delete the item number off your post :thumbsup:

Why??

I would just wait for the laptop to be repaired.

think about it he's a new seller prob trying to scam our friend but this being high value ebay are holding the funds untill feedback is given thats why he's had no choice but to refund
    It states band new dell so why would it be faulty dell are built to spec normally unless you deal with nohelp pcworld

think yourself lucky the new paypal system is working else you;ll be £500 down

Original Poster

the code normally expier on 12 feb for that i am worried,me too i am sure its a little bit dodgy,cz i requested after payment the tag service to check it and he didnt send it to me,saying i ll get it with the laptop,2 hours later,pointing the problem and offering refund.

now i am un hurry to solve the code problem to order another one,as i am traveling sunday..

i sent ebay a message and waiting their reply..Thanks for the help all..

ill rep all,i appreciate your replies..Thanks again

Original Poster

wanderer;4331448

think about it he's a new seller prob trying to scam our friend but this … think about it he's a new seller prob trying to scam our friend but this being high value ebay are holding the funds untill feedback is given thats why he's had no choice but to refund It states band new dell so why would it be faulty dell are built to spec normally unless you deal with nohelp pcworldthink yourself lucky the new paypal system is working else you;ll be £500 down

Thanks mate,i know he's new seller,and i was aware that the funds will be on hold for sometime,so ill have time to check everything..
    i hope i can use the voucher soon..

Original Poster

Just to update the thread,i got my voucher 10% off any purchase up to 100£ re-instated !!
    someone adviced me on ebay forums to send an email to an ebay stuff and he gives me his email,and just logged this morning to see again my voucher !!

Thanks All..

glad you got it sorted
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. connect tablet28
      2. Which SSD drive I need to replace my current HD49
      3. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?36
      4. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …69

See more discussions