Ebay - Using Parcel Link and Hermes to send a SNES MINI - Am I Insured?

Posted 7th Jun
Hi, i sold a snes mini on ebay and was wondering if hermes cover me for sending a video game console?

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks
Community Updates
Misc
14 Comments
Read their websites?

Hermes is free £20 insurance by default. Or you pay more based on value.

Never used the eBay service but imagine similar pricing structure for insurance.

As to covering a specific electrical device. Go search their site allowed list?
Buy on ebat never sell.
Just my own personal opinion.
budda07/06/2020 12:41

Read their websites?Hermes is free £20 insurance by default. Or you pay …Read their websites?Hermes is free £20 insurance by default. Or you pay more based on value. Never used the eBay service but imagine similar pricing structure for insurance. As to covering a specific electrical device. Go search their site allowed list?

I had a look, they have a load of exceptions...couldn't see specifically video game consoles but they do seem to exclude some electricals.

Just wondering if anyone here had experience with them
bigwheels07/06/2020 12:51

Buy on ebat never sell.Just my own personal opinion.

That's not the question i asked.
I’ve sold 6 Xbox 360’s and sent them all individually wrapped via myhermes, so yes - you can send consoles via them. I’ve only ever had one problem with them just before Xmas. I still use them for convenience really and haven’t found them to be any worse than any other courier company.
Toptrumpet07/06/2020 13:37

I’ve sold 6 Xbox 360’s and sent them all individually wrapped via myh …I’ve sold 6 Xbox 360’s and sent them all individually wrapped via myhermes, so yes - you can send consoles via them. I’ve only ever had one problem with them just before Xmas. I still use them for convenience really and haven’t found them to be any worse than any other courier company.

Thanks....did they pay out on any claims related to this for loss/damage?
bumbaclart07/06/2020 13:43

Thanks....did they pay out on any claims related to this for loss/damage?

The problem delivery was for a Disney statuette collectors item. From memory I sold it for £40 but only used their standard £20 insurance cover. The item was well packaged but delivered with a piece that had snapped off but could be mended easily. The buyer sent me 3 photos which were not high quality and I had to use those to submit to Hermes showing the damage. The only problem I found was that Hermes asked a few times for better quality images and for that I was reliant on the seller who by then had repaired the item and kept sending me the same 3 blurred photos.
I just kept stressing to Hermes that the item was well packaged using bubble wrap and newspaper to stop any movement inside a thick sturdy cardboard box wrapped with Premium brown tape, and that the eBay listing showed the item to be in excellent condition. Took me around 5 weeks in total, what with Xmas and the New Year in between, but I’m sure they refunded the whole £40 paid price as evidenced by PayPal rather than the £20 cover.
The hardest part was navigating their website when you want to make a claim. There’s no ‘click here‘ button, but just happened to press their winged Hermes logo in the bottom right hand corner and from there followed their instructions to make a claim giving a detailed account of the damage and upload photos.
Just keep the eBay listing and PayPal payment to hand, the Hermes blue receipt slip and anything else you might need in the event of a claim, but that’s the same advise when using any other courier company.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 7th Jun
Don’t use hermes for high expense items because it was a massive hassle to get paid out
Toptrumpet07/06/2020 14:04

The problem delivery was for a Disney statuette collectors item. From …The problem delivery was for a Disney statuette collectors item. From memory I sold it for £40 but only used their standard £20 insurance cover. The item was well packaged but delivered with a piece that had snapped off but could be mended easily. The buyer sent me 3 photos which were not high quality and I had to use those to submit to Hermes showing the damage. The only problem I found was that Hermes asked a few times for better quality images and for that I was reliant on the seller who by then had repaired the item and kept sending me the same 3 blurred photos. I just kept stressing to Hermes that the item was well packaged using bubble wrap and newspaper to stop any movement inside a thick sturdy cardboard box wrapped with Premium brown tape, and that the eBay listing showed the item to be in excellent condition. Took me around 5 weeks in total, what with Xmas and the New Year in between, but I’m sure they refunded the whole £40 paid price as evidenced by PayPal rather than the £20 cover.The hardest part was navigating their website when you want to make a claim. There’s no ‘click here‘ button, but just happened to press their winged Hermes logo in the bottom right hand corner and from there followed their instructions to make a claim giving a detailed account of the damage and upload photos. Just keep the eBay listing and PayPal payment to hand, the Hermes blue receipt slip and anything else you might need in the event of a claim, but that’s the same advise when using any other courier company.

Thanks for that, did you use Hermes direct or use the eBay parcellink service to buy direct on eBay?
sdylan07/06/2020 14:12

Don’t use hermes for high expense items because it was a massive hassle to …Don’t use hermes for high expense items because it was a massive hassle to get paid out

Did you get paid out in the end? Did you use Hermes directly?
bumbaclart07/06/2020 14:14

After 2 months but you had to chase it up with Hermes because they don’t email you

I know parcel force is slightly more expensive but I paid £10 for a medium sized box which had £100 cover included

thesun.co.uk/new…ge/
Edited by: "sdylan" 7th Jun

Yes, that paid out the price of the item £40, rather than just the £20 standard cover - no idea why??
I used myhermes directly as eBay prompts you to use Parcelforce first (that may have been superceded by packlink now who are offering free collection of items rather than using drop of at locations).
I would use Packlink option directly from ebay. It would be easier to deal with claim as all linked with paypal etc. You can add extra insurance which often is cheaper that going direct.
Post a comment
@
    Text