Ebay VAT invoice?

Found 2nd Dec 2011
I sold something on ebay recently, now the buyer wants a VAT invoice. I am not a business trader on ebay, just getting rid of some stuff. How do i reply to the buyer? Do i have to supply a VAT invoice if so how?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments
You ain't vat registered, so there isn't one. You didn't specify there was vat did you?
If you're not registered with HMRC for VAT purposes then you cannot issue a VAT invoice. The best you can do is offer a normal invoice.
Original Poster

No i never mentioned anything about being VAT registered or anything to do with VAT.

Benjimoron

You ain't vat registered, so there isn't one. You didn't specify there … You ain't vat registered, so there isn't one. You didn't specify there was vat did you?

Just send him a normal invoice and tell him you're not VAT registered (or even a trader, if applicable).

I got stuck behind some guy at the supermarket who insisted on having a VAT invoice for his shopping. Cashier was trying to explain they only gave out standard receipts, maybe he's the same guy who bought your item!
Original Poster
LOL..yeh maybe. Thanks for your help guys.
Original Poster
No im not registered as a business. I've just emailed explaining the situation. Its actually a big company called Infotone, they manufacture laser ink cartridges. The item i sold was a Laser Toner for a Dell Printer.
Banned
OP you should read this story
http://www.bitterwallet.com/one-mans-nasty-ebay-vat-surprise-for-christmas/51839

If you have been earning more than you should do from your business it maybe the inland revenue checking up on you.
Original Poster

The current turnover limit for VAT registration is £73,000, so if you have made this amount of sales (no, not profit) in the last 12 months,

I wish i was making that kind of money.....lol
The buyer is a legit company and even if it was Inland Revenue i am pretty safe as i don't sell a lot of stuff..

lumoruk

OP you should read this … OP you should read this storyhttp://www.bitterwallet.com/one-mans-nasty-ebay-vat-surprise-for-christmas/51839If you have been earning more than you should do from your business it maybe the inland revenue checking up on you.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants