Ebay voucher refund

Posted 6th Apr
Hubby had used a £5 ebay voucher to make a purchase for just under £5. He received an email from ebay to say that the seller has cancelled the order and made a refund as there was a problem with the delivery address, but this is not correct as the delivery address is fine so I think it is just a reason he chose for the cancellation.

Hubby also received an email from Paypal to state that the voucher had been refunded but when I logged into his paypal account there was no voucher credit. Google suggests you lose the voucher if you get a refund.

Is this correct? Is there anything that can be done to get the credit back as it seems unfair that the seller has cancelled the order and so made us lose the voucher.
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
Have you tried contacting eBay directly to see what they say about it?
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 6th Apr
Try taking something to check out, but before purchasing there should be a add vouchers section there and it’ll usually be there for you to apply it (usually seen as credit on your account)
Ebay or PayPal credit.. If it's an ebay discount code you've used you'll lose it. If it's PayPal credit you've used to be pay that will be refunded to your account.
An eBay discount code is something eBay offers so the seller gets the full price so it doesn't matter to the seller.
Haircut_10006/04/2020 18:38

Have you tried connecting eBay directly to see what they say about it?

there isn't any option to contact ebay on the purchase. i have emailed paypal customer service and it states that it will take 90 days to receive a reply because of covid 19.
sohailh198406/04/2020 18:42

Try taking something to check out, but before purchasing there should be a …Try taking something to check out, but before purchasing there should be a add vouchers section there and it’ll usually be there for you to apply it (usually seen as credit on your account)

just tried and it asks for a voucher code. we don't know what the code is as it was applied automatically when we made the purchase.
nadhaw06/04/2020 18:52

Ebay or PayPal credit.. If it's an ebay discount code you've used you'll …Ebay or PayPal credit.. If it's an ebay discount code you've used you'll lose it. If it's PayPal credit you've used to be pay that will be refunded to your account.An eBay discount code is something eBay offers so the seller gets the full price so it doesn't matter to the seller.

it was an ebay code as when we made the purchase it applied the code automatically. i read that you lose the code if you get a refund, which is bad here as it wasn't our fault the seller cancelled the order. if we had known that we would have made a purchase from someone else on ebay.
In the past I have had my voucher returned and also a nectar point voucher returned when I've been faced with situations like this.

Find a way to contact ebay and discuss it with them. Don't let go until they give it back.
notalwaysright1907/04/2020 00:54

In the past I have had my voucher returned and also a nectar point voucher …In the past I have had my voucher returned and also a nectar point voucher returned when I've been faced with situations like this. Find a way to contact ebay and discuss it with them. Don't let go until they give it back.

thanks. when i click on the transaction, it doesn't give an option to contact ebay, only to contact the seller. i managed to get to refund help through some other links and then it states ebay can't help with the item and i need to contact paypal.

i got a reply from paypal this morning to say that i need to go to the resolution centre, select the transaction and raise a dispute but there is no record of the transaction on paypal as no money was taken since the full cost of the item was covered by the voucher. this may be going round and round in circle.
mutley107/04/2020 16:38

thanks. when i click on the transaction, it doesn't give an option to …thanks. when i click on the transaction, it doesn't give an option to contact ebay, only to contact the seller. i managed to get to refund help through some other links and then it states ebay can't help with the item and i need to contact paypal.i got a reply from paypal this morning to say that i need to go to the resolution centre, select the transaction and raise a dispute but there is no record of the transaction on paypal as no money was taken since the full cost of the item was covered by the voucher. this may be going round and round in circle.

If you go to help and contact from a laptop it'll show you all your recent orders on top. Scroll further down, past the browse help section and there'll be an option to email them. Use that option and get a copy sent to yourself.
They will reply and after that just keep the conversation thread going.
You might need to explain in a few different languages! but eventually you will get there. Tell them how it's not your fault that the seller cancelled and all of that.
40338974-GuqU4.jpg
notalwaysright1907/04/2020 18:01

If you go to help and contact from a laptop it'll show you all your recent …If you go to help and contact from a laptop it'll show you all your recent orders on top. Scroll further down, past the browse help section and there'll be an option to email them. Use that option and get a copy sent to yourself. They will reply and after that just keep the conversation thread going. You might need to explain in a few different languages! but eventually you will get there. Tell them how it's not your fault that the seller cancelled and all of that. [Image]

thanks. when i log into my account, i don't get email us option, only option is for them to call me back. i will try this but i would prefer the email option. not sure how you get the email option and i don't
mutley107/04/2020 22:07

thanks. when i log into my account, i don't get email us option, only …thanks. when i log into my account, i don't get email us option, only option is for them to call me back. i will try this but i would prefer the email option. not sure how you get the email option and i don't

They're discriminating!
notalwaysright1907/04/2020 22:45

They're discriminating!

lol. guess you're not important enough for them to call you and talk to your personally

thanks. when i log into my account, i don't get email us option, only …thanks. when i log into my account, i don't get email us option, only option is for them to call me back. i will try this but i would prefer the email option. not sure how you get the email option and i don't

I get this option if I try from the app

40342345-vKnvc.jpg
notalwaysright1907/04/2020 22:47

I get this option if I try from the app[Image]

that is what i see when i log into my ebay account on the laptop. it would make sense on an app that they call you as you don't have easy access to email on your phone.
mutley107/04/2020 22:47

lol. guess you're not important enough for them to call you and talk to …lol. guess you're not important enough for them to call you and talk to your personally

Exactly

Not sure if you have sorted your problem, to email eBay, search for the hard of hearing / visually impared, it's normally at the bottom or help page. That's how I contact eBay if I can't my questions / problems solved .
rtd10/04/2020 17:06

Not sure if you have sorted your problem, to email eBay, search for the …Not sure if you have sorted your problem, to email eBay, search for the hard of hearing / visually impared, it's normally at the bottom or help page. That's how I contact eBay if I can't my questions / problems solved .

thank you for this, it worked!
i have contacted paypal who is going to look into it as i did get an email from paypal to say that the seller had refunded my paypal account so i have asked paypal where is the refund. they are pretty dense people though and keep asking for information that is already in their refund email, which i keep attaching in my reply and state that the information they have asked for is in their own email!

for example, i had messaged paypal via my inbox on my paypal account and yet they ask me what is my email address?? this is in my paypal account already! then they keep asking how much is the refund, which again they should already have the details as they were the one who emailed me in the first place to let me know that i had received a refund. and not to mention i have now told them the refund amount about 3 times in my replies to them.

paypal are complete idiots and god help anyone who has to raise a dispute with them as it is like hitting your head against a rock
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions