Found 12th May 2008
I got sent an email for £10 off an ebay purchase which i used to buy a wii game. I got an email from the seller after i had paid to say that he had listed 2 of the game instead of one by mistake and that he would have to refund me which he did but ebay have claimed back the voucher money from the refund and when i phoned the helpline they said i cant reuse the voucher so i have lost out on my £10!!

Does that sound fair to you?

18 Comments

typical ebay!

and nope not fair at all!

thats very sly, most other online places would have given you a new voucher striaght away, but thats ebay to big to help the little guy

Doesn't sound fair to me.

I got banned from eBay back in September for 12m (don't ask !!) At the time I was gutted, but just recently everyone is getting so dismayed with it, I doubt I'll ever return to it.

No. Not fair by the way, but that's eBay all over

gave up on ebay months ago!

Banned

Typical ebay...not fair, but nothing you can do

its about time another site came along and did it for running costs with iron clad rules unlike Ebay's which are a joke and allow the seller to do whatever they want

ODB_69;2081131

Typical ebay...not fair, but nothing you can doits about time another … Typical ebay...not fair, but nothing you can doits about time another site came along and did it for running costs with iron clad rules unlike Ebay's which are a joke and allow the seller to do whatever they want

does anyone know of another site to use ?????:roll:

Maybe a HUKD fleebay would be good

shame for you pink kitty - hope you negged the seller!!

ade2j;2081188

Maybe a HUKD fleebay would be good

this was mentioned few weeks ago - i think the admin side wouldnt want the extra work
whether another sister site could be started - interesting thought though:thumbsup:

holly100;2081211

shame for you pink kitty - hope you negged the seller!!this was mentioned … shame for you pink kitty - hope you negged the seller!!this was mentioned few weeks ago - i think the admin side wouldnt want the extra workwhether another sister site could be started - interesting thought though:thumbsup:

Can employ some people to help out

I know it seems unfair, but it is in the terms and conditions of the voucher. If they didn't do that, people would be able to do a fake deal, issue a refund, and the person would then just be able to put £10 straight in the bank.

Original Poster

nightswimmer;2081330

I know it seems unfair, but it is in the terms and conditions of the … I know it seems unfair, but it is in the terms and conditions of the voucher. If they didn't do that, people would be able to do a fake deal, issue a refund, and the person would then just be able to put £10 straight in the bank.

I know but in a genuine situation you would think that they would reissue as goodwill. I didnt know the seller would back out of the sale or i wouldnt have bought from him

pinkkitty2007;2081348

I know but in a genuine situation you would think that they would reissue … I know but in a genuine situation you would think that they would reissue as goodwill.

Ebay/PayPal do goodwill? Ain't never gonna happen. :-(

Original Poster

nightswimmer;2081371

Ebay/PayPal do goodwill? Ain't never gonna happen. :-(

Yeah well im totally naffed off with them now! Well, them and that seller who listed a game he didnt have:x

pinkkitty2007;2081381

Yeah well im totally naffed off with them now! Well, them and that seller … Yeah well im totally naffed off with them now! Well, them and that seller who listed a game he didnt have:x

Don't blame you.

I'm naffed off at them cos I was never sent a voucher in the first place.

Original Poster

nightswimmer;2081407

Don't blame you.I'm naffed off at them cos I was never sent a voucher in … Don't blame you.I'm naffed off at them cos I was never sent a voucher in the first place.

lol, better than having one and wasting it!:-D

Bring on HotUKAuctions ! Lol.

I haven't used ebay for a while due to the ridiculous fees they seem to charge these days.

Original Poster

OMG!! A miracle has occurred! Ebay said i should contact the seller seeing as it was their fault for backing out of the sale and i explained the situation to the seller and they have just refunded me the voucher amount for me via paypal. I must say that is very generous of them. Good on ya:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Hope of a cure for asthma711
    2. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1011
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…2653
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland2047

See more discussions