eBay Weights Question

4 replies
Found 14th Jun
Hi!

Was hoping for some advice please about some weights I was looking to buy on eBay.

There seem to be a load of identical sets of weights (link below) which seem to suit my needs. Anyone have any idea whether they're actually any good for light personal use? They all seem the same to me so I'd be going for the cheapest option (again, link below).

Or if anyone knows any better deals for ~50kg dumbbell/barbell then that'd be brilliant!

Thanks in advance!
m.ebay.co.uk/itm…460

1. Ask
  2. Weights
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Weights
4 Comments

Personally I would go for cast iron sets, plastic sand filled (which you list) tend to give up the ghost if you drop them too hard. I haven't used sand filled in years but the ones i had went all over the floor! They will do you great for start up but I would spend a little more and get something that will last.

Cheapest Cast iron I could find argos.co.uk/pro…204
Edited by: "stoneblade" 14th Jun

100% agree with Sotoneblade's recommendation. Cast iron will last a great amount of time, one main benefit is the spin locks for the bars.
And being brutally honest... buy second hand ones if they're cheap! They all do the same job and will get the same results :-)

Cast iron on gumtree etc .. Then get sick of falling over them .. Then join a gym and never go .. Sorted .

Original Poster

thanks?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1951383
    2. And you think you are having a bad day?44
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…60124
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769672

See more discussions