Groups

Ebay, winner wants me to ship to africa, is this the usual scam?

hi, i recently sold my laptop on ebay, the winning bidder has requested for me to ship to africa, also i have received emails saying that payment is on hold until i provide shipping docs/number then payment will be released, i must add none of this is actually on my ebay messages but direct to my aol email. to me it looks like a surefire scam.

the email sent to me is from [email protected]paypal.co.uk
    is this the ususal scam?

cheers folks

here is the bottom of the email

This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been " APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the shipment confirmation number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller.but will not be credited to your account until the shipment tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller from possible fraud. Here are the necessary information needed from you before your account will be credited.The tracking number of shipment,your PayPal ID,your listing number and also your eBay ID Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited.Send the shipment reference/tracking number to us or email us through this mail
    [email protected]officeemail.net and our customer service care will attend to you. As soon as you send us the shipment's tracking number for security purposes and the safety of the buyer with the seller,the money will be credited to your account.
    *PLEASE NOTE**
    Once shipment has been verified and the tracking number sent to us,
    You will receive a "CONFIRMATION Email" from PayPal® informing you that the Money has been credited
    Thank you for using PayPal!
    The PayPal Team

PayPal Email ID PP274.

27 Comments

Sorry would not go through with it. Waiting for a shipping number before payment is processed is not my idea of a safe bet.

If it doubt then dont go any further.

Original Poster

oh and his supposed payment he has on hold is 200 quid higher than what the highest bid was lol

Banned

i wouldn't

did your listing state uk shipping or bidding only.

tip - never click on a "paypal" email, i always go straight to paypals website to check if the payment is actually in my account.

plus this saves the hassle of the chance your account getting nicked becuase of a phishing scam!

If you wanna never see the money and laptop again then do it!!

Email ebay + paypal for help.
    Would not send it .
    Just see if you can relist and state uk bids and posting only.

dont send it, its a scam,
    next you will get a email from paypal saying they are holding payment for tracking number,

report for incorrect contact details , they will be naru, then claim your selling fees back

Original Poster

it is set that i will only send to the united kingdom

Scam step away now

it a scam only sell to someone in uk

Go on take a chance, isn't that what life is all about? If deal falls through I'll take it off you for twice the amount as long as you can ship to Greenland where my estranged twin brother lives.

Scam.....

If you stated uk only then i think you can give second chance offer to under bidder ????

Original Poster

cheers folks i wasnt going to go through with it as it looked so dodgy, its pretty much the same setup as someone on gumtree of a bloke selling iphones for 200 quid via italy, these people need shooting the scum!:whistling:

Everything about it recks of scam. My advise is to wait a few days, payment will not arrive and raise a payment dispute. Otherwise ebay might charge you their normal selling fees

such a blatant scam its not even funny

It's definitely a scam:

reviews.ebay.com/SCA…298

(as if the bad grammar and punctuation in the email wasn't enough of a clue)

Send An Explosive Device Instead

you are all a bunch of racist, just because he is from africa it doesn't mean its a scam

;-)

Original Poster

i think the scammers brother has still got my 58 million trust fund money to transfer to me as well, and i won the nairobi lottery

The word 'Africa' anywhere in any correspondence = STOP!

I don't know why the dirty, thieving scumbags can't get a job.

Original Poster

it mad that the scammers always appear to be doctors, u would think they on a tidy salary and not need to scam lol

raptorcigs;7022459

hahahahahah that would certainly be a surprise!

tragictramp;7022567

i think the scammers brother has still got my 58 million trust fund money … i think the scammers brother has still got my 58 million trust fund money to transfer to me as well, and i won the nairobi lottery

That's nothing, his neighbour died and since he had no relatives he decided that little ol me should get his savings. All i need to do is provide my name, sort code, account number and passwords and his lawyer will take care of everything.

How lucky are we? :whistling:

Banned

raptorcigs;7022459

Make sure you include a webcam in the parcel, would love to see the look on the theiveing barstwards faces

Personally I would fill a box up with Dog Mess and send that....... with a note inside saying....... Enjoy your LAP PLOP!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?78
      2. Jury service1824
      3. Large card print/poster..34
      4. What laptop to choose?33

See more discussions