Ebay Woes

Posted 30th Apr
Hello,

So I sold a nice drone on eBay this week. it was practically brand new, I tried it decided I didn't want it and sold it. The buyer just emailed to say it's faulty and doesn't work and wants a full refund.

I know it worked perfectly as I tested it and I'm not that kind of guy. I guess there's nothing to stop him asking for a refund because he flew it into a tree is there ?

I just feel like I'm being scammed.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Unwritten rule, never bother with higher value items on ebay
Jotek30/04/2020 23:57

it is simple if you have photos just before you sent it and, better they …it is simple if you have photos just before you sent it and, better they were on auction, once the buyer will send it back take photos each part of unpacking and check if there are some damages, then you can easily claim to Ebay. They will refund you.

I never find it this simple, in my experience eBay always sides with the buyer.
Photos won't prove a thing I'm afraid. As mentioned above, ebay always sides with the buyer.
16 Comments
it is simple if you have photos just before you sent it and, better they were on auction, once the buyer will send it back take photos each part of unpacking and check if there are some damages, then you can easily claim to Ebay. They will refund you.

it is simple if you have photos just before you sent it and, better they …it is simple if you have photos just before you sent it and, better they were on auction, once the buyer will send it back take photos each part of unpacking and check if there are some damages, then you can easily claim to Ebay. They will refund you.

I hope you're right.

Alternatively... You have the buyer's address...

I never find it this simple, in my experience eBay always sides with the buyer.
Photos won't prove a thing I'm afraid. As mentioned above, ebay always sides with the buyer.
Unwritten rule, never bother with higher value items on ebay
Frankie7701/05/2020 05:28

Photos won't prove a thing I'm afraid. As mentioned above, ebay always …Photos won't prove a thing I'm afraid. As mentioned above, ebay always sides with the buyer.

Don’t agree with that not many months ago I bought a phone off a buyer and what I received was not a phone informed eBay who just stated I needed to report the matter to the police well that was easy said then done they have no idea how police in the UK operate they were not interested,eBay require you to print off a form get a crime number and stamped with police station stamp even reporting it to action fraud was no good for them,eBay just put every obstacle in your path to stop refunding you,hence I say they don’t always side with the buyer
cwj382001/05/2020 07:58

Don’t agree with that not many months ago I bought a phone off a buyer and …Don’t agree with that not many months ago I bought a phone off a buyer and what I received was not a phone informed eBay who just stated I needed to report the matter to the police well that was easy said then done they have no idea how police in the UK operate they were not interested,eBay require you to print off a form get a crime number and stamped with police station stamp even reporting it to action fraud was no good for them,eBay just put every obstacle in your path to stop refunding you,hence I say they don’t always side with the buyer

Why did you not just open a not as discribed case against them? You would have been told to return it and then you would have got a refund. They gave you incorrect advice and they would have sided with you if you had done it via their disputes process etc
Did
.MUFC.01/05/2020 08:23

Why did you not just open a not as discribed case against them? You would …Why did you not just open a not as discribed case against them? You would have been told to return it and then you would have got a refund. They gave you incorrect advice and they would have sided with you if you had done it via their disputes process etc

.MUFC.01/05/2020 08:23

Why did you not just open a not as discribed case against them? You would …Why did you not just open a not as discribed case against them? You would have been told to return it and then you would have got a refund. They gave you incorrect advice and they would have sided with you if you had done it via their disputes process etc

That’s the first thing I did do but all I got back from eBay is what I previously wrote
cwj382001/05/2020 08:29

Did That’s the first thing I did do but all I got back from eBay is what I …Did That’s the first thing I did do but all I got back from eBay is what I previously wrote

Strange for Ebay, normally a straight forward not as described etc.. I know if you claim you haven't received something but they have tracking that suggests it's been delivered they can make you jump through hoops etc..
cwj382001/05/2020 07:58

Don’t agree with that not many months ago I bought a phone off a buyer and …Don’t agree with that not many months ago I bought a phone off a buyer and what I received was not a phone informed eBay who just stated I needed to report the matter to the police well that was easy said then done they have no idea how police in the UK operate they were not interested,eBay require you to print off a form get a crime number and stamped with police station stamp even reporting it to action fraud was no good for them,eBay just put every obstacle in your path to stop refunding you,hence I say they don’t always side with the buyer

You are literally copying word for word what happened to an ebay seller who posted what happened on youtube, video here:
BadMF01/05/2020 08:46

You are literally copying word for word what happened to an ebay seller …You are literally copying word for word what happened to an ebay seller who posted what happened on youtube, video here:[Video]

Don’t do you tube all it proves is that it has happened to other people so what’s your point
Larping 🤦🏻
N29V12P9301/05/2020 04:33

I never find it this simple, in my experience eBay always sides with the …I never find it this simple, in my experience eBay always sides with the buyer.

My experience is different. When I sold an item and it's condition was different after return, eBay quickly refund me all the money, and reduced buyer quality status. The rule works perfectly when you publish good quality photos on auction and take the other when the item is returned. Then eBay consultant has very easy and quick way to make decision. He/she can compare before/after, and there is no space to discuss.
Frankie7701/05/2020 05:28

Photos won't prove a thing I'm afraid. As mentioned above, ebay always …Photos won't prove a thing I'm afraid. As mentioned above, ebay always sides with the buyer.

Do not take "always" as permanent thing, as it is not realistic. My experience is, that eBay takes that one side who has better documented buy/sale process, claim and return. Photos, video and messages only through eBay. For me eBay work perfectly if II play fair with seller/buyer.
MadeDixonsCry01/05/2020 01:29

I hope you're right.Alternatively... You have the buyer's address...

no money worth solution mate. eBay is paid for its services. The case is just to persuade them giving basic but important information which simplify their decision way.
Jotek02/05/2020 17:39

no money worth solution mate. eBay is paid for its services. The case is …no money worth solution mate. eBay is paid for its services. The case is just to persuade them giving basic but important information which simplify their decision way.

I meant one could physically visit the fraudster, of they were so inclined.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions