Groups

EBAY.CO.UK AND NOW TV REMOVAL

I have just had 2 emails from ebay saying they have removed items from my account.

(old items from last few weeks that have sold)

just now tv passes. it says they were removed after complaints by sky.

Just a heads up in case people are planning to sell passes and sky are somehow stopping these?

15 Comments

Original Poster

After reviewing your eBay account, it looks like you haven’t followed our Electronics Equipment policy. We understand that you may not have been aware of this policy or that this may have been an oversight, so we're including some policy information to help you with your future listings. We also had to take the following actions:
    - Listings that didn't follow eBay guidelines have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
    - We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

Due to rules and guidelines on electronics equipment from various government agencies, listings of certain types of electronic devices are not allowed.

eBay doesn't allow items that can be used to descramble or otherwise enable access to cable or satellite television programming that bypasses payment to the service provider.

Listings that state that the item is for educational ("how-to"), informational, or test purposes only are also not allowed because they could encourage others to obtain programming without payment to the service provider.

Examples of items that are not allowed include:
    - Smart Card programmers and unloopers
    - Programmed Smart Cards
    - Unlocked cards
    - Blocker devices
    - Hardware or software DSS emulators

For more information on this policy, go to:

pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml

If you require additional assistance with this policy, go to:
    contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/…ics

We removed your item as it was reported to us by Sky Media. Please not that this item is not allowed on our site. Please don't relist this item.For more information please read our help pages or contact Sky directly.-----------------------------------We removed your item as it was reported to us by Sky. Please note that this item is not allowed on our site. Please don't relist this item.For more information please read our help pages or contact Sky directly on: business.sky.com/fig…ud/

Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with this information and be sure that your current and future listings follow these guidelines. If they don’t, they'll be removed and we may, at our sole discretion, decide not to refund your fees. It could also result in additional actions, including loss of buying and selling privileges on eBay.

Could always sell them on here? Ill be after some at the end of feb

Yeah sky recently complained and there now against the rules to sell. Another recent thing was sims with pre loaded data on too taken from mobile wifi devices, although people are still listing them you risk a strike on your account.

I could do with movie vouchers or codes for both if any spare.

Pathetic of eBay to give in to Sky. There is no legal issue.

Original Poster

they are losing money i guess as people dump expensive packages

Presumably these passes are classed as digital goods (like game codes / Windows keys). I think you're supposed to include a physical shipping option on these type of items, though I doubt many sellers actually bother unless the buyer demands it.

Sounds like someone at Sky incorrectly flagged your product listing as decryption hardware.

I've also had some sports codes removed, very frustrating as I have a few month ones to sell. All genuine unique codes! I offer postage option so don't think it's anything to do with digital delivery

Its going on for a month now. its not very straight forward and ebay are the worst to even talk about the actual reason apart from saying sky or virgin told them to remove the listing and contact sky / virgin to find out why it was removed as if sky and Virgin are Mr Sky and Mr Virgin just one person who is very easily contactable. a lot of my listing were removed incl the box and the pass. as usual ebay chat was useless to explain why it was removed even with the declaimer on the page that no illegal stuff involved and all. The worst was my NOW TV box power supply adapter listing was removed because Virgin media Complained ..... now explain this

Big business setting the rules for us mere mortals to follow, as usual.

Likewise, now stuck with a few Sports day passes that I'd been hoping to sell.
    I'm pretty sure Sky have no grounds for deanding removal and just another exaple of ebay treating it's members like ****.

Funny how their is still others selling them on eBay and not been removed

Yep sky and virgin have both asked eBay to remove things Iv been selling and even sold on eBay including remotes boxes passes and adapters. Funny really when you've sold and shipped something then eBay says we've removed an item you sold it then doesn't show up in your sold listing but you've still got the money. No idea why they do this.
    Edited by: "larrylightweight" 6th Jan

larrylightweight

Yep sky and virgin have both asked eBay to remove things Iv been selling … Yep sky and virgin have both asked eBay to remove things Iv been selling and even sold on eBay including remotes boxes passes and adapters. Funny really when you've sold and shipped something then eBay says we've removed an item you sold it then doesn't show up in your sold listing but you've still got the money. No idea why they do this.

Virgin have a right to remove though as they own all the hardware - you merely rent it.

Next it will be the Android/Kodi boxes.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....11
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767499
      3. Bearded chat1020
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691427

See more discussions