Groups

Ebay/Courier Help

Just won an oven from Ebay, but Ebayer insisting that it's payment on collection only as couriers wont insure on broken glass on oven

As it's more than a 10 hour round trip for me to pick up, what are my options?

Surely there are couriers out there who will inspect, collect & insure a £600 item?

8 Comments

Would have thought you would have sorted this out before bidding tbh.

didnt it say collection only?

I think most couriers won’t insure items with glass in it for damage. Did the seller specify the item was for collection only? Or was there an option for courier delivery and the seller only found this out afterwards?

Best option will be a man with a van local to you..............will cost a bomb though

Original Poster

It does say collection only half-way down the listing, but I assumed (wrongly by the looks of it) that I would be able to send a courier in on my behalf to collect it (and be insured)

The listing did allow for payment by Paypal/CC

Like syzable has said, hire a man with a van or go down and collect it yourself. If you can’t find a cheaper option, you should contact the seller as soon as poss and ask them to cancel the sale and re-list so they get their fees back. It’s not the seller’s fault.

Original Poster

TUSSFC

http://www.shiply.com/

Cheers!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22