Ebay...finishing an auction early

I currently have an item for sale at auction on ebay. Someone has made me an offer which I would like to accept. If I end the auction early how do I bill the buyer for the amount I want to accept?
Thanks for any advice on this matter

8 Comments

send them a paypal invoice.

On your ebay page go down to your item listing and on the right hand side it will say something like "sell similar", hover over this (or the one below) til it brings down a drop list and one of those will be "end item early". Do this and follow each page, at some point you will get the option to "sell the item to the highest bidder" click this and keep agreeing until it says the listing has been ended. Then send an invoice to the buyer with the extra amount agreed in the p&p box, so if it was up for £1 with £2 p&p and you agreed to a price of £5 with £2 p&p (total £7), send them an invoice with the £1 as the sale amount (which you can't change) and in the p&p change it to £6 so your total charged to them is £7.

Hope this makes sense and noone has beaten me with this answer as it took me a long time to write!!

Annie1508

On your ebay page go down to your item listing and on the right hand side … On your ebay page go down to your item listing and on the right hand side it will say something like "sell similar", hover over this (or the one below) til it brings down a drop list and one of those will be "end item early". Do this and follow each page, at some point you will get the option to "sell the item to the highest bidder" click this and keep agreeing until it says the listing has been ended. Then send an invoice to the buyer with the extra amount agreed in the p&p box, so if it was up for £1 with £2 p&p and you agreed to a price of £5 with £2 p&p (total £7), send them an invoice with the £1 as the sale amount (which you can't change) and in the p&p change it to £6 so your total charged to them is £7. Hope this makes sense and noone has beaten me with this answer as it took me a long time to write!!

+1... I agree

Although, make sure the person your wanting to sell the item to is appearing as the highest bidder (get them to bid on it again if not), then just edit the invoice to show the price agreed.

As "Annie1508" says - get your person to put a bid on the item - then use the option of "end auction to sell to the current high bidder" (your buyer)
Invoice them & make up to the agreed ammount in the p+p charges (this'll lower your eBay fee :-)

Job's a good'en

Original Poster

Annie1508

On your ebay page go down to your item listing and on the right hand side … On your ebay page go down to your item listing and on the right hand side it will say something like "sell similar", hover over this (or the one below) til it brings down a drop list and one of those will be "end item early". Do this and follow each page, at some point you will get the option to "sell the item to the highest bidder" click this and keep agreeing until it says the listing has been ended. Then send an invoice to the buyer with the extra amount agreed in the p&p box, so if it was up for £1 with £2 p&p and you agreed to a price of £5 with £2 p&p (total £7), send them an invoice with the £1 as the sale amount (which you can't change) and in the p&p change it to £6 so your total charged to them is £7. Hope this makes sense and noone has beaten me with this answer as it took me a long time to write!!

Thanks very much for the detailed advice, it is much appreciated. The problem though is that there are no bids (still 5 days to go) The buyer has offered £6 above the starting price ...and the p & p is £4.50 so I couldn't increase that to £10.50. Any other suggestions please? Many thanks

just go to paypal , get the buyers paypal email address and send them a invoice for your set amount , no ebay fees to pay , voila

also click on the side box on ebay and end item early !

if no one has bid...
then revise listing and add a buy it now at price agreed

Original Poster

Thanks guys for all your advice...all done now x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GOT Leaks again614
    2. PS4 Beta Software Version 5710
    3. Sad news about Barcelona2073
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846124

See more discussions