Groups

ebay!!how long do you have to pay??

how long do you have to pay after an auction ends??

theres no time listed on the advert!!x

8 Comments

7 days before the seller can report you to ebay, then you get a reminder.
    However, lots of sellers expect payment quicker than that!

Original Poster

rose_cat_jr;8852438

7 days before the seller can report you to ebay, then you get a reminder.

thanks!!

can you report someone for abusive emails??

i bought something 2days ago and havent logged back in to vheck if i won and my inbox full of abusive emails from the guy!!

i dont really use ebay so dont know the ins and outs

xx

whatsThePoint;8852552

think of ebay as a shop, would you take something off a shop shelf and … think of ebay as a shop, would you take something off a shop shelf and say i'll pop back next week to pay for it

+1 I always make sure I can pay straight away, the longest I have been before paying is last night bought at about 11pm on BIN then went to paypal and my net went down, so paid this morning as soon as I got up.

I always set my buy it now sales so immediate payment is required too, cant understand people using buy it now then waiting days before they pay, just pointless.

I always pay straight away and if for any reason I can't I inform the seller and give them an estimated payment date (usually within 48 hours.

I also sell on ebay and it really narks me off if people don't pay asap or don't let you know when they are going to pay. I had someone once who told me they would pay by end of week, then told me another 4 days, that doesn't bother me because at least you know where you are upto.

I wouldn't bid on anything if I couldn't pay within a reasonable time frame.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;8852552

think of ebay as a shop, would you take something off a shop shelf and … think of ebay as a shop, would you take something off a shop shelf and say i'll pop back next week to pay for it

to be honest i didnt think i would win!! and i never took anything so its nothing like going in to a shop and taking something saying i will come back next week!!

only 2days have past and i have 10emails from the guy and in the last one he says he doesnt even have the ticket that i was buying!!

pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml

Still says 7 days on this page.

Once you've won or bought an item, you need to pay within 7 days or the seller may open a case to work this out with you in our Resolution Centre.

tinkerbell28;8853394

It's wrong the seller can now open a dispute on day 4 and close 4 days … It's wrong the seller can now open a dispute on day 4 and close 4 days after that.http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/unpaid-item.html

Ah, good old ebay!
    I've reported the page I quoted as not being helpful!

Just Pay for it...
    If you didn't want the Item ,then why the hell bid on it ???
    Idiots like you that give ebay a bad name
    Everything i have bought on Ebay i have paid at the earliest opportunity at the end of the auction
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions