Ebay/Paypal Credit

Posted 3rd Oct
Hi guys.

i sell on ebay frequently. and alot of them are heavy/large items. so i offer collection but only if paid in cash in hand.

wouldnt want to accept paypal for someone to come collect item then later open a case against me for non reciept of item so being on safe side i always only ever take cash (clearly stated on my ebay adverts)

now i am selling quiet an expensive/large item that is to be collected. i have a keen potential buyer who wants to collect but can only fund it by ebay/paypal credit purchase.

what is my best option here?

any advise would be appreciated
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Whats his Ebay rating? Maybe you can ask if he would do bank transfer instead?

If your listing says you take PP/CC then I think you have to take it, he could report you for that I think
I'd never accept it. Just tell him no and move on.

Some people do accept paypal and the buyer collects, but they usually take a signature off them.. means nothing, could be any old squiggle. The ball is firmly in his court if you go ahead with it.

@Myriad A buyer can report him all he likes, hes not dodging the rules by choosing what payment method he wants. They prefer you to take paypal because they want to earn double money, ebay own paypal. Its not compulsory and neither is it a reportable offence. FYI ebay forces you to accept paypal on the listing, but if one writes that they don't want paypal for collections, then theres no rules broken.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 3rd Oct
What's his catch? If he is happy to collect the item then tell him to come with the cash so cash on collection ok
I think people might be missing the point, he might be asking to use PayPal Credit as he doesn't have the full amount and wants to pay in 4 interest free installments.

Up to you if you wish to accept it or not.
You should have put in the AD cash only

Then when he says I can only pay Pal you can say sorry but AD states cash only
Sc4mp004/10/2019 06:39

I think people might be missing the point, he might be asking to use …I think people might be missing the point, he might be asking to use PayPal Credit as he doesn't have the full amount and wants to pay in 4 interest free installments.Up to you if you wish to accept it or not.

I was going to say the same you say it's an expensive item maybe he can only pay if he gets ot over the 4 month interested free
Just stumbled across this - neither an eBay seller nor a PayPal expert... but seeing as you would be doing him a favour by accepting PayPal, perhaps you could request him to allow you to take a picture holding the item as proof of receipt. Or even video/sound record you handing it over (covertly or otherwise).

If you have even the slightest doubt then I'd say cancel the transaction. Just my two-pence, good luck!
kevnemma04/10/2019 08:35

I was going to say the same you say it's an expensive item maybe he can …I was going to say the same you say it's an expensive item maybe he can only pay if he gets ot over the 4 month interested free

Probably right, but more to lose for the seller if it goes wrong.
Not used paypal for awhile but what about asking buyer to pay by 'paypal gift'? I seem to remember there's no protecting for the buyer using this method. Alternatively, ask the buyer to pay by BT?
Maybe
kevnemma04/10/2019 08:35

I was going to say the same you say it's an expensive item maybe he can …I was going to say the same you say it's an expensive item maybe he can only pay if he gets ot over the 4 month interested free

Or he doesn't have the cash and wants to use a credit card.
Edited by: "ra786" 5th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants