Found 18th Oct 2009
Looking for some help on a paypal / ebay issue. i purchased an item from an ebayer that has not arrived the seller states the item was posted but he put the wrong address on the package, i have not received it and asked for a refund the seller agreed but did not refund me as agreed. I then put the amount into dispute with paypal, not a claim just a non receipt claim. The seller now claims his account is frozen and he cannot fund it from his credit/debit card is this correct?.

any help appreciated.

1. Misc
  2. Paypal
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Paypal
16 Comments

Original Poster

thank's the dispute has not been escalated to a claim, that's why i don't understand why he can't refund me.

tinkerbell28;6609568

Depends pp could of frozen the account, but it is true that when it's … Depends pp could of frozen the account, but it is true that when it's gone past dispute, seller cannot always refund at claim stage as it's then down to pp.Whatever the issue DON'T close the dispute as you can't open another.

+1

send another pm throughon dispute page - asking why the wait - no harm in asking - :thumbsup:

Original Poster

This is his response.

"well its a bit hard at the moment because you have reported it to pay/pal they have frozen my account so i cant transfer money in the debit card that is on there is close to limit so now all i can do is offer you a cheque or ask you to wait until monday when i put some cash into the debit account and hope that works thanks again brian"

Original Poster

From paypal website,

We hold all funds related to the transaction until the dispute is resolved or closed. The buyer is less likely to escalate a dispute to a PayPal claim if you are working together on a solution.

They only hold funds, not lock the account.

Paypal don't freeze account? Once he agree on the dispute, you'll get the refund. Beware. he might be plying a game to get to close the dispute.
Let Paypal handle this for you, you'll get you money.

joe6996;6609633

Paypal don't freeze account? Once he agree on the dispute, you'll get the … Paypal don't freeze account? Once he agree on the dispute, you'll get the refund. Beware. he might be plying a game to get to close the dispute.Let Paypal handle this for you, you'll get you money.

Paypal do freeze accounts - mines been done before

Do not accept a cheque. Do not close the dispute.

The dispute isn't close to it's time limit is it? maybe that's why the seller is stalling a bit? If it's not close to the deadline, wait till monday and if there is no refund, escalate the dispute in paypal.

Original Poster

wonkey;6609652

Paypal do freeze accounts - mines been done before

When the accounts frozen can you add funds'?

Original Poster

ChipSticks;6609717

Do not accept a cheque. Do not close the dispute. The dispute isn't close … Do not accept a cheque. Do not close the dispute. The dispute isn't close to it's time limit is it? maybe that's why the seller is stalling a bit? If it's not close to the deadline, wait till monday and if there is no refund, escalate the dispute in paypal.

Thats my plan have given him till monday, then i'll escalate the dispute to a claim.

markrfc;6609728

Thats my plan have given him till monday, then i'll escalate the dispute … Thats my plan have given him till monday, then i'll escalate the dispute to a claim.

I wouldn't wait until Monday, you're just delaying your refund, it sounds as though he's made his descision to not refund you, so why wait any longer?

markrfc;6609719

When the accounts frozen can you add funds'?

yes you can, hes probably got a negative balance, thats what happened to me so he will have to pay that off first

wonkey;6609792

yes you can, hes probably got a negative balance, thats what happened to … yes you can, hes probably got a negative balance, thats what happened to me so he will have to pay that off first

i had that happen to,i had to add my bank account to add the funds which takes ages coz they have to put money in your bank first to verify it.i think if you try to pay for summat through paypal it will let you clear the negative balance first.

Original Poster

chas76;6609773

I wouldn't wait until Monday, you're just delaying your refund, it sounds … I wouldn't wait until Monday, you're just delaying your refund, it sounds as though he's made his descision to not refund you, so why wait any longer?

Because it can take paypal up to 30 days to return your funds.

i had a similar situation where the buyer did dispute a none receipt after the 30 days.. paypal froze my account untill i refunded him but i couldnt refund him as my account was froze!
several days and phone calls to paypal later & it was sorted .. they had to authorise the refund from their end

You need to escalate to a full claim, sounds to me like your seller is playing for time, you have a set period of time to escalate this to a claim if that passes you cant do anything, there is nothing that paypal will do to his account that will stop him from being able to refund you.

markrfc;6609828

Because it can take paypal up to 30 days to return your funds.

I mean't why wait till Monday to escalate to a claim, put the claim in now.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?983227
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247552
    3. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1115
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769183

See more discussions