Ebay/Paypal help needed

I dont use ebay and paypal much, so thought I would ask on here as I know that a lot of people here do.

I found an item I want but not in the correct size, listing says contact the seller for a bigger size. I have done this and they have said they have the item available for immediate dispatch.

You can make a payment to my paypal account directly which is ************* You can do so by logging into your paypal account and use the 'send money' link to make the payment. Alternatively, you can give me your paypal email address, so I can send you a paypal invoice first and you can pay upon the invoice. When you pay directly, there is a title box to fill, please clearly indicate the title of goods and quantity you are purchasing in the payment

Which would be best and do they offer any sort of protection or could I be scammed doing this?

23 Comments

Original Poster

Positive Feedback: 99.5%
Feedback score: 10275

And they have their own ebay shop

Ive done this before you can still use the paypal guarantee. I would say its safe. Just get them to send you the invoice and then you have proof of the item you've bought too

kelly_o_fanatic;6297087

Positive Feedback: 99.5%Feedback score: 10275And they have their own … Positive Feedback: 99.5%Feedback score: 10275And they have their own ebay shop

Their feedback is good, but you'll have no buyer protection if you don't buy it through an eBay listing.

It'd depend on the price of the item if it was me, if it's not a great amount I'd go for it, but I'd be wary if it's lots of money.

the correct way to do it really - is purchase the ebay item - and when you go through to pay for it, enter into the text field there - what size you want.
If you just give him monies via paypal without an ebay auction being involved - i think hes more likely not to post it (means you cant leave bad feedback)
having said that, if hes got high feedback its probably fine - he wants to do it outside of ebay to avoid their fees.. (your not supposed to so this though)

starsparkle2311;6297126

I never knew that, I thought Paypal sorted problems out for you, wherever … I never knew that, I thought Paypal sorted problems out for you, wherever you buy from.

You would be able to start a claim with them, but if it's not an eBay sale they'll only refund if there's money in the sellers account, so not guaranteed

* Buyers who use Paypal Gift get no protection at all. It's not supposed to be used to buy goods, so there's no insurance.
* Buyers who buy goods using Paypal through ebay are fully protected.
* Buyers who buy off here (and other websites) using Paypal are guaranteed nothing if the trade goes bad. Yes, you can put in a Paypal claim, but at best, if you win, they will only reimburse what the "seller" has in their Paypal account at the time of judgment.

In other words, if you buy something for £30 and it doesn't arrive, then you raise a Paypal claim and win, Paypal will reimburse you (upto the £30) the contents of the "sellers" account. If that's £30+ you're OK, if it's £0.00 then tough!

Banned

could you not purchase via the item listed and state size on paypal form, some sellers on ebay state this and ask for you to just check they have the size before buying

Original Poster

Its exactly £30 - and cant order the other one and request a different size because its slightly more expensive.

Banned

then i would contact the seller and ask for them to list the item and send item number for you to buy so you are fully protected by paypal

kelly_o_fanatic;6297178

Its exactly £30 - and cant order the other one and request a different … Its exactly £30 - and cant order the other one and request a different size because its slightly more expensive.

It's a matter of if you can risk losing £30 or not then. Their feedback suggests you'll be okay, but as has already been said, if they're a good seller they wouldn't be trying to sell outside of eBay in this way.

Have you asked if they'll list the item as a Buy It Now for you?

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, have sent them a message asking them to put it up as buy it now.

I did think it wasnt right, but wanted to check as I dont use ebay/paypal much so it could be common practice for all I knew

sassie;6297193

then i would contact the seller and ask for them to list the item and … then i would contact the seller and ask for them to list the item and send item number for you to buy so you are fully protected by paypal

Thats exactly what i would have suggested although i have paid sellers directly in the past and they have me,i wouldn't report anyone for that,Ebay fees are expensive,the odd one paying direct isn't a big deal.

I did it at the weekend,a buyer emailed me as they had missed the end of auction and the item didn't sell,they are a big seller themselves and simply asked me for my Paypal addy to pay direct,sorted and less fees for me to pay out:thumbsup:

Original Poster

I havent reported the person, just asked for it to be listed as otherwise I wont be protected

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, seller has said bid on the same one but different size and they will adjust the cost.

Will rep everyone in a min

Glad you're sorted:thumbsup:

kelly_o_fanatic;6297466

Thanks everyone, seller has said bid on the same one but different size … Thanks everyone, seller has said bid on the same one but different size and they will adjust the cost.Will rep everyone in a min

I see trouble ahead, they can't adjust the cost after the sale is done........

Original Poster

Shengis;6299505

I see trouble ahead, they can't adjust the cost after the sale is … I see trouble ahead, they can't adjust the cost after the sale is done........

I asked for total cost, ebay email shows -

Your total is:
£23.99 per item
£0.00 insurance (not offered)
£0.00 Sales discounts (-) or charges (+)
£2.99 postage/packing

and they added the rest (to take it up to £30 as a +charge - then I paid using paypal, through ebay

kelly_o_fanatic;6299562

I asked for total cost, ebay email shows - Your total is:£23.99 per … I asked for total cost, ebay email shows - Your total is:£23.99 per item£0.00 insurance (not offered)£0.00 Sales discounts (-) or charges (+)£2.99 postage/packingand they added the rest (to take it up to £30 as a +charge - then I paid using paypal, through ebay

Well thats odd as I bought something the other week and neither myself nor the seller could change the total at all,which meant we couldn't add on the postage charge. I had to make a normal paypal payment in the end.

Shengis;6299505

I see trouble ahead, they can't adjust the cost after the sale is … I see trouble ahead, they can't adjust the cost after the sale is done........

:?

Banned

so if anything i worng with the dress you will only get a £23-99 refund

Its not odd lol

I can't remember exactly what it says on an invoice as its such a long time since i've done it, but you dont click the update or adjust or whatever the hell it says as it doesn't work then,you just put the totals you want in and send it.

Original Poster

Shengis;6299713

Well thats odd as I bought something the other week and neither myself … Well thats odd as I bought something the other week and neither myself nor the seller could change the total at all,which meant we couldn't add on the postage charge. I had to make a normal paypal payment in the end.

I (As the buyer) clicked a button on ebay which requested the total from the seller (rather than just paying) - the seller couldnt (as far as I know) change the price or postage, but could add or deduct an amount as well

This is for people who offer discount for purchasing more than one thing from them etc (e.g. buy 2 t-shirts and pay 1 postage cost)

Cant see there being a problem though because it was all done through ebay

Original Poster

sassie;6299802

so if anything i worng with the dress you will only get a £23-99 refund

Its ok, its only an underskirt and has an adjustable waist so will definitely fit. Cant see what problems there would be unless it stinks of smoke or something, but as they have a shop selling underskirts and such good feedback, couldnt see that sort of problem happening
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1010
    2. word association Game72844181
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?34208
    4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …80138

See more discussions