ebay/paypal - no seller address

Posted 11th Dec 2019
Bought and paid for a collection only item but there is no name or address info on the paypal receipt. Anyone else come across this as some kind of a scam? Feels decidedly dodgy.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
You need to contact the seller and arrange collection. They should provide you with a address and time.
There won't be any pick up address on it. They will message you via inbox but make sure that you visit seller House
Depending on what the item is you could arrange to meet in a public place such as a cafe if that would make you feel better about the collection.
I'm surprised the seller allows PayPal payment for a collection only item.

I wouldn't!
chocci12/12/2019 07:01

I'm surprised the seller allows PayPal payment for a collection only …I'm surprised the seller allows PayPal payment for a collection only item.I wouldn't!

Know what you mean but then you open yourself up to the unpleasantness of haggling. I've taken Paypal in the past for a collection and they little teard still tried to haggle on the day and get a refund.
ccnp12/12/2019 08:15

Know what you mean but then you open yourself up to the unpleasantness of …Know what you mean but then you open yourself up to the unpleasantness of haggling. I've taken Paypal in the past for a collection and they little teard still tried to haggle on the day and get a refund.

Nothing to stop them requesting a refund at some point if you accept PayPal on collection as you've got no way to verify that they've collected. Extremely common scam. However the reverse is true if you're collecting, You've got all the power in that situation. Message the seller requesting his/her address and a convenient time/day to collect.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 12th Dec 2019
Whenever I've done a "collection only" Ebay purchase, I've always received the message to "Contact seller to arrange collection." That's how you get the details. I'll admit, I've never paid upfront for a collection though. Usually, the buyer wants cash...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions