Ebay/Returning Faulty (Not as Described) Items

Hi

My other half bought something off Ebay the other week. Paid for it and waited for it to arrive (Laptop went away for repair and has only just come back again)

OH has emailled seller and explained the item (Gel Curing UV Lamp is damaged, but also comes with a contential plug which was not stated in the listing.

Now, question is, who is responsible for the postage to return the item, and should the seller refund the total amout paid to her in the first place (ie: Money for item AND postage)

TIA
Disco

8 Comments

Are they registered as a Individual or trader? If trader then all DSR's apply and in this case seller is responsible for return costs.

i had the same recently and seller was uncooperative ebay forced refund which included postage. but not return postage. you could ask the seller nicely to pay as they may well to avoid bad feedback.

Original Poster

item was only £16 including £5 postage, but thats not the point.

Banned

uk or china seller?

its up to u to pay postage for return its a rubbish rule as its not ur fault but obviously u could email seller n ask for tht to be refunded to

Original Poster

UK Seller

Banned

vicknanth

its up to u to pay postage for return its a rubbish rule as its not ur … its up to u to pay postage for return its a rubbish rule as its not ur fault but obviously u could email seller n ask for tht to be refunded to

Not if they are a business seller (which they are likely to be for this type of item!)

hotukdeals.com/mis…269

whether they are a business seller or not, I have never EVER known ebay/paypal to include return postage in the item.
It doesn't give you the option when a paypal case is open.
For example.
Item originally sells for £10 + £5 postage.

When a case is opened, you can agree to refund the original £15 when the item is returned to you.
AFAIK there is nowhere where you have the option of £15 + whatever return postage costs..

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949
    2. GOT Leaks again415
    3. Stop everything, Nutella is bringing a biscuit snack to the market - Metro1312
    4. What an absolute disgrace2150

See more discussions