Ebico no standing charge deal ended (Gas)

4 replies
Found 11th Jul
I have received a letter from SSE stating they are no longer in partnership with Ebico,, to sum up they will now be charging pre pay customers a standing charge of 27.41p a day, which will mean an increase of £98.93 a year. I cant find any supplier that doesn't charge this. As a very low user of gas this is a substantial increase to me. Any suggestions ?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments

Read this
ebico.org.uk/ebi…td/

Ebico are now with robin hood energy and still do no standing charge gas
Edited by: "davidian84" 11th Jul

Original Poster

Thanks, I must have missed the gist of that first letter.

Bstard

Thanks, I must have missed the gist of that first letter.

You haven't but make sure you read the link above you have some step to do or you will have to pay.

So, to be clear, customers who have not yet let us know that they would like to switch to Ebico Zero, and do not tell us soon that they would like to do so, will remain supplied by SSE at the more expensive energy rates of the EquiGas/EquiPower tariff (to be renamed ‘SSE Zero’) and will be subject to SSE’s increase in the electricity price on the 28th of April. Customers who have already let us know that they want to move with us to Ebico Zero, and those that decide to opt-in within the next few weeks, will benefit from the tariff’s lower energy prices, the December 2017 price guarantee, and will avoid SSE’s April price increase. This is why we have made every effort to be as proactive and transparent as possible in our communications with you.

Phil Levermore

Original Poster

Your staff don't seem to grasp that I was paying no standing charge on my pre pay meter and are now asking me to contact SSE to remove the pre-pay apparatus from my meter to convert it back to a credit meter, then I can have my zero standing charge tariff again...why ?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...810
    2. WANTED tickets for Logic Manchester23
    3. Wanted: Sweet Sundays code (5 points) please!!11
    4. School shoes - with lights77

See more discussions