eBooks - Now with IRC Guide

Found 10th Dec 2012
Hi all,

Where do people find is the best place to download eBooks from (mobi, ePub etc) ?

Going to fill a mem card with books to go with a Kobo present, but cant find a specific book.......

Cheers
Community Updates
MisceBook
24 Comments
Try archive.org and Gutenberg.ord
Drop me a PM Chris. I've got a guide using irc
Cheers guys

Mike, will give that a bash, thanks mate
Mike could I have that guide as well? I have used mirc for a chatroom but nothing else.
If you have Ebooks its worth downloading this program calibre-ebook.com/
can you hook me up with the guide too please. I think I have had it before but lost it.
Mods - Can i post the guide in here or will it be removed and my wrist firmly slapped??
Post it up - its Christmas
Hi Mikethemanc, you can post guidelines in here but no links to personal websites unfortunately

* Self promotion of businesses and anyone involved with them, including affiliate networks, marketing companies, SEO, PR etc, survey threads, post incentives, charity request threads made without prior permission, auction / marketplace sites (with the exception of those sellers approved by HUKD), personal sales elsewhere, links to personal websites, requests for referrals, referral links, third party affiliate links, advertising for personal gain and displaying of e-mail address in the forums is spam
IRC Guide

You need an irc client installed. I use chatzilla (for Mozilla firefox) as it's a small firefox add on
but any client will work. You can find chatzilla by searching for it on google.
mIrc is a common alternative.

You need to load up the client and then type:

Code:
/server irc.irchighway.net

This will connect you to the irchighway server. Once you're on there you need to type:

Code:
/join #ebooks

#audiobooks
#movies

This will take you into the ebooks channel which has more than 2.2Terabytes of ebooks
for free download. Once you're in the simply type:

Code:
@search name of book or author

You will get a message saying that your search has been accepted. A few seconds later
a searchbot will offer you a file. Select accept to accept the download. That will
send you a .txt file that's zipped. Extract that and you'll get a list of files. I
searched for James Patterson and got a list of 1000 files. Here's an extract from it:

Code:
!Bald James Patterson - [Alex Cross] - Jack And Jill (UC) [txt].rar - 202.21 KB
!Bald James Patterson - [Alex Cross] - Kiss The Girls (UC) [txt].rar - 197.63 KB
!Bald James Patterson - [Alex Cross] - Roses Are Red (UC) [txt].rar - 135.80 KB
!Bald James Patterson - [Murder Club] - Second Chance (UC) [txt].rar - 147.38 KB
!Bald James Patterson - Hide And Seek (UC) [txt].rar --------------- 147.96 KB
!Bald James Patterson - Murder Club - First To Die (UC) [txt].rar -- 164.34 KB

Say I wanted to download the first book. I'd copy the text shown below:

Code:
!Bald James Patterson - [Alex Cross] - Jack And Jill (UC) [txt].rar

And paste that into the irc window then press enter. After 2-3 seconds you get a prompt
asking you to accept or decline the file. Select accept and it will ask you where to
save to. Select a location and select save and it will begin downloading.

Using this method I've found loads of books that weren't available anywhere else.
If this seems like a longwinded way of doing things then so be it. It's a quick (once
you get used to it) way to get hundreds
============================================================
BTW - the current Chatzilla works fine with Firefox 13.0
Mikethemanc

IRC GuideYou need an irc client installed. I use chatzilla (for Mozilla … IRC GuideYou need an irc client installed. I use chatzilla (for Mozilla firefox) as it's a small firefox add onbut any client will work. You can find chatzilla by searching for it on google.mIrc is a common alternative.You need to load up the client and then type:Code:/server irc.irchighway.netThis will connect you to the irchighway server. Once you're on there you need to type:Code:/join #ebooks#audiobooks#moviesThis will take you into the ebooks channel which has more than 2.2Terabytes of ebooksfor free download. Once you're in the simply type:Code:@search name of book or authorYou will get a message saying that your search has been accepted. A few seconds latera searchbot will offer you a file. Select accept to accept the download. That willsend you a .txt file that's zipped. Extract that and you'll get a list of files. Isearched for James Patterson and got a list of 1000 files. Here's an extract from it:Code:!Bald James Patterson - [Alex Cross] - Jack And Jill (UC) [txt].rar - 202.21 KB!Bald James Patterson - [Alex Cross] - Kiss The Girls (UC) [txt].rar - 197.63 KB!Bald James Patterson - [Alex Cross] - Roses Are Red (UC) [txt].rar - 135.80 KB!Bald James Patterson - [Murder Club] - Second Chance (UC) [txt].rar - 147.38 KB!Bald James Patterson - Hide And Seek (UC) [txt].rar --------------- 147.96 KB!Bald James Patterson - Murder Club - First To Die (UC) [txt].rar -- 164.34 KBSay I wanted to download the first book. I'd copy the text shown below:Code:!Bald James Patterson - [Alex Cross] - Jack And Jill (UC) [txt].rarAnd paste that into the irc window then press enter. After 2-3 seconds you get a promptasking you to accept or decline the file. Select accept and it will ask you where tosave to. Select a location and select save and it will begin downloading.Using this method I've found loads of books that weren't available anywhere else.If this seems like a longwinded way of doing things then so be it. It's a quick (onceyou get used to it) way to get hundreds============================================================BTW - the current Chatzilla works fine with Firefox 13.0

Legend! I thought I was clever with my 10GB of books
Mikethemanc

IRC GuideYou need an irc client installed. I use chatzilla (for Mozilla … IRC GuideYou need an irc client installed. I use chatzilla (for Mozilla firefox) as it's a small firefox add onbut any client will work. You can find chatzilla by searching for it on google.mIrc is a common alternative.You need to load up the client and then type:Code:/server irc.irchighway.netThis will connect you to the irchighway server. Once you're on there you need to type:Code:/join #ebooks#audiobooks#moviesThis will take you into the ebooks channel which has more than 2.2Terabytes of ebooksfor free download. Once you're in the simply type:Code:@search name of book or authorYou will get a message saying that your search has been accepted. A few seconds latera searchbot will offer you a file. Select accept to accept the download. That willsend you a .txt file that's zipped. Extract that and you'll get a list of files. Isearched for James Patterson and got a list of 1000 files. Here's an extract from it:Code:!Bald James Patterson - [Alex Cross] - Jack And Jill (UC) [txt].rar - 202.21 KB!Bald James Patterson - [Alex Cross] - Kiss The Girls (UC) [txt].rar - 197.63 KB!Bald James Patterson - [Alex Cross] - Roses Are Red (UC) [txt].rar - 135.80 KB!Bald James Patterson - [Murder Club] - Second Chance (UC) [txt].rar - 147.38 KB!Bald James Patterson - Hide And Seek (UC) [txt].rar --------------- 147.96 KB!Bald James Patterson - Murder Club - First To Die (UC) [txt].rar -- 164.34 KBSay I wanted to download the first book. I'd copy the text shown below:Code:!Bald James Patterson - [Alex Cross] - Jack And Jill (UC) [txt].rarAnd paste that into the irc window then press enter. After 2-3 seconds you get a promptasking you to accept or decline the file. Select accept and it will ask you where tosave to. Select a location and select save and it will begin downloading.Using this method I've found loads of books that weren't available anywhere else.If this seems like a longwinded way of doing things then so be it. It's a quick (onceyou get used to it) way to get hundreds============================================================BTW - the current Chatzilla works fine with Firefox 13.0

Updated title - Cheers Mike
lol, still cant find the book i want on there - cheers though, can use that for others
ChrisUK

lol, still cant find the book i want on there - cheers though, can use … lol, still cant find the book i want on there - cheers though, can use that for others

Bummer... What book is it?
Its called "Angels in my hair" - cant seem to find it anywhere, must be crap lol
Sounds very feminine Chris... I worry about you
Hence why it's to go on my MUM's Kobo lol

I'm so manly I don't read books, I await the film interpretation so I can eat steak & drink beer whilst taking in the action
any update on this please
i cant connect
wakkaday

any update on this pleasei cant connect

Not looked for 2 years....

Does that IRC guide not work, I remember that being very good ?
yeh managed to do it via firefox

im trying to find politica history etc books , they are always difficult
thanks
irc was too hard for me - i got banned for trying the same search 3 times!

edit: lol 2 years old.. on the plus side i found the book you were after X)

Edited by: "brilly" 20th Dec 2014
Yes, it still works fine- I just tried it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants